Dual Monitor Cards and Configurations - What card do you use? How's it config'd

More
04 Apr 2017 23:31 #90894 by yeltrow
I have been scouring the forum to find cards that people have had success with that allow the running of two VGA monitors. I have an ATI HD 2400 card, but I am struggling to get it going without causing latency hiccups. I had large ~100us hiccups with the default radeon driver. When I removed the driver by uninstalling the X driver I stopped having the latency problems, but I was down to just the VESA driver. When I went into arandr to configure the 2nd screen, it wasn't showing. Other than the 2nd output not showing up as a 2nd display the VESA driver worked okay and did not have the latency excursions. I am open to picking up a cheap 2 headed video card off ebay if I just knew which one to buy. Suggestions appreciated. Suggestions on how to get dual monitors working with the VESA driver are very appreciated too. I am currently running Wheezy with RTAI as the kernel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2017 08:16 - 05 Apr 2017 08:17 #90916 by tommylight
If you want to have 2 of the same sceens on 2 monitors, older ATI cards and Matrox MGA450 did that quite nicely, but if you want 2 separate screens that will need drivers and that will irevocably induce latency.
I am using ATI hd4xxx series cards on 2 desktops, one of them has 2 HD monitors and has latency problems when making Linuxcnc full screen, when moving windows from one screen to another, but after a while it settles down nicely and does not cause any spikes. Also google chrome will freeze everything when trying to play any video. Firefox runs without issues youtube. Did not search why that is happening.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2017 08:17 by tommylight.

More
07 Apr 2017 19:29 #91012 by bkt
referred to hd.... because too much pixel is processed?

For google..... is possible ..... it use 3d and it has a lot of code running .... as Qquick ethernet packet system, and program related.....register the ram compsumption by chrome is a good choice.... but I'm quite sure not solve the latency problem with google.

Regards
Giorgio

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds