Kodak Touchscreen can't get to edge of screen

More
09 Apr 2018 12:04 - 09 Apr 2018 12:04 #108654 by Wischi
Hello,

this is my first post in this forum, so hello everyone. I recently converted a BF20 clone to cnc. It works really good but now I wanted to install a 15" touchscreen to use with gmoccapy and get grid of the mouse. The touchscreen will be mounted to the enclosure. But now to my problem:

The touchscreen works under Linuxcnc so far (latest Linuxcnc version), but I can't get to the edge of the screen. There is like a 15mm border around the edge which is "untouchable". I used xinput_calibrator to calibrate the screen. I tested the screen on my PC first (Windows 10 64bit) and after installing the latest Elo drivers and calibrating it works perfect and over the whole screen, no borders!

The screen is a KODAK KD15V700 15" (1024x768 yellow frame) and it uses Elo Touchscreen Accutouch 2216 connected with USB.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks
Last edit: 09 Apr 2018 12:04 by Wischi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2018 13:10 #108727 by andypugh
Does the 15mm border have no effect at all, or does it simply put the cursor inside the border?

I haven't had much luck with xinput calibrator, I always seem to end up tweaking the numbers directly in xorg.conf.

But if there is no response at all to touches near the edge then it doesn't sound like a calibration problem.

More
10 Apr 2018 13:15 #108729 by Wischi
If I touch the border the cursor will not move at all. But if I go really close to the edge, or tap near and and then "touch off" the edge I can get really close to it. I think it is a software problem, because under Windows I could get to the every edge of the screen. I know that you can't get really close because of the size of the finger, but in Linux I can't even reach the taskbar menu.

More
10 Apr 2018 13:32 #108733 by andypugh
What driver are you using? Is there an updated one available?

More
10 Apr 2018 13:36 #108734 by Wischi
I didn't have any drivers from elo installed, just xinput_calibrator. Are there any elo drivers? On the elo website I could only find drivers for ubuntu < 8.04.

More
10 Apr 2018 13:43 #108735 by andypugh
Which OS are you actually using?

If you can drag to the edge but not tap the edge then it may be that it _is_ a calbration problem.

More
10 Apr 2018 13:51 #108737 by Wischi
Im using Debian Wheezy 7.11 with LinuxCNC 2.7.11. I can drag to mouse to the border but then it stops there. If touch the border directly the cursor jumps somewhere else on the screen. The border is a actually 25mm on the left side of the screen, all the other sides are 15mm wide.

More
10 Apr 2018 14:37 #108743 by andypugh

More
10 Apr 2018 14:49 #108745 by Wischi
I have seen that thread and had the same feeling as the stick-man :(

But I got it semi-working in the meantime. This www.thefanclub.co.za/how-to/how-ubuntu-1...chscreen-calibration helped. I can now get to the edge of the screen! But the calibration is now off a little. When my finger is in the center the cursor is perfect, the more I move to the left, the more the cursor gets a head of my finger. At the end of the screen the cursor is off about 10mm, same behaviour when the cursor moves to the right, top or bottom.

More
10 Apr 2018 14:58 #108746 by andypugh
Now try tweaking the numbers in the xorg,conf manually. You should be able to get there. But it is tedious.

You can try sudo service lightdm restart to try out the new numbers (I think).

Trial and error might be needed.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds