XFCE's Standard Dock is Suboptimal for Touchscreens

More
04 Jun 2018 15:42 #111606 by Clive S

(If you don't believe me, try to read every post from the last week)

I can vouch for that as I do in fact read every post from the recent topic list and just doing that involves over an hour a day.

But I have learnt a lot by doing it. Thanks to all the guys and dolls answering the questions:cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2018 21:03 #111621 by InMyDarkestHour

In my CNC machine, I have old stepper motors, which use special code, which might rarely ever be needed in LinuxCNC. I realize that at some point the very code my machine runs on likely should be removed for the advancement of LinuxCNC. In the same way, I don't think that LinuxCNC should remain optimized for large 4:3 monitors.

I stand by my assertion that XFCE's standard dock is wasteful of screen area, and as a default it should be changed so it can be used better with modern monitors.

I implore those who stand against something that may help new LinuxCNC users acclimate, to try moving the icons to other command bar, shut off the dock, use LinuxCNC for a while, and then switch back.

As previously stated

I am just a piano player but have to ask, are you for real?

So.......you aren't actually using Linuxcnc on your machine (I give up) ?

More
05 Jun 2018 21:58 #111707 by BrendaEM
Ozzyrob, could you please recast your sentence and redo your post, so people might know what you are referring to, or with whom you are conversing with?

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds