HP Laptop with Dock

More
19 Sep 2018 05:41 #117737 by riversvic
I Installed Linux on an HP EliteBook 8470 that has a HP Dock. With the Laptop open I am able to run Linux cnc and jog my Machine in the Stepconf using the parallel Port on the dock. I am Also able to use a second monitor from the dock, however if i use a usb mouse and PS2 keyboard plugged into the dock they do not work. The USB mouse will work if I plug directly into the laptop but not the dock. I would like to close the laptop and stow away and use it like a desktop. Any recommendations on how to get these items to work would be appreciated. I am a DIYer and working with what I have. Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2018 17:55 #117755 by riversvic
Replied by riversvic on topic HP Laptop with Dock
An Update,

When I plug the laptop onto the dock it goes from the linux swirl in the background to xfce.

I can plug my wireless keyboard and mouse from the house into the laptop itself they work.

When the laptop is plugged into the dock and power cord is int the dock it wont charge.

More
20 Sep 2018 12:21 #117784 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic HP Laptop with Dock
Maybe the dock is faulty?
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversvic

More
20 Sep 2018 13:54 #117791 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic HP Laptop with Dock
Dirt/crud in the docking port on the laptop?
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversvic

More
20 Sep 2018 16:55 #117804 by riversvic
Replied by riversvic on topic HP Laptop with Dock
Its very possible either of those are the case. I thought the laptop wouldnt have the performance once I ran Axis but it turned out the monitor from the dock really lagged down the computer. running as just a laptop performs way better but still sitting on the dock to get the parallel port

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds