Help selecting new PC to run Mesa 7I92 Ethernet

More
01 Jul 2019 16:28 #138309 by AElmasry

I would not disable multi-processor

Did you try disabling irq coalescing from the command line as tommylight showed above?
(just to make sure its really disabled for your test)

I thought it is the same thing to added it to interfaces file :blush:
I'll connect internet to install ethtools and try it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2019 16:40 #138310 by AElmasry

Side info, from PCW "ARP" is address resolution protocol so it has to send a query to the network to identify the owner of the requested address, in this case 10.10.10.10.
Was it you who asked for help here? I recalled mentioning the user name of the guy who did the retrofit, but he never replied . Now he is back asking for help again. As you might have noticed from my reply back then, I was convinced he will not help, although he was active in the forum at that time. He also did some other retrofits but never helped anyone here.

I asked once for help in this post
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ch-press-gcode#93824
I'm not sure if that post what you meant
But it is my first and only machine in my retrofitting carrer :) and I hope to keep doing this kind of work
I found my way out from 0 to almost a working machine with a support of this forum even if I'm not asking, but using the old posts by other people asking for help
I left it uncompleted two years ago due to personal circumstances and now I back again to finish, it was very hard to remember all of the complicated things that I already did before but I think I'm doing well gathering old information

I do own a Lenovo Think centre m93 if I am not mistaken and it has very stable low latency, did plenty of testing on it with 7i92 and 6i25.
I have also some Asus Prime Z270A boards, very good and low latency, but still pricy.
Did not check an Asus J1800 board with included processor and a parallel port with Preempt-RT, but with RTAI it works nicely.
On another thread I mentioned an Acer laptop that works perfectly with Preempt and 7i92, also user Pl7i92 mentioned some fujitsu-siemens that he uses.
Add the HP that PCW mentioned and you at least have a bit of room to find something.
BTW, is the PC wired directly to the mesa board? I can't remember if I already asked that.

I'll try to find one of the options you suggested if not I may try the
GIGABYTE BRIX with Celeron N2807 because it's avilabe as new

More
01 Jul 2019 18:03 #138320 by pl7i92
if you can go with the emi free systewm
it woudt be a j1900 internal cabinett option

even the older MW525 woudt be a nice small case option

More
01 Jul 2019 23:12 #138347 by tommylight
Yes that was the thread, i did search for him at that time but only found him asking for help, not helping, ever.
Really not nice of him, as he is right now active and asking for help, I wonder how he would feel if no one helped him.
Again not helping.
You can also try to find Lenovo X60 ( not the tablet version ) it had good latency after disabling all the useless ( for us ) features. Had one with docking station as the parallel port was on the dock, it is still controlling a plasma cutter through parallel port for over 6 years now without any issue.
NUC are very expensive for what they are, but nice and small. Small for machines is not critical.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds