Axiomtek MANO522 Mini-ITX for LinuxCNC?

More
25 Feb 2021 07:27 #200063 by JetForMe
Does anyone have any opinions on how suitable this board would be for running LinuxCNC and a Mesa 7i76e?

Axiomtek MANO522

It's got an LGA1151 (Coffee Lake CPUs) and Intel H310 chipset, and two LAN ports (plus a bunch of other connectivity).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2021 07:54 #200069 by aleksamc
Should be good for Linuxcnc 2.8.1 on X64.
Possibly you will need additionaly configure Bios settings for riching good latency tests.
I've used much chiper boards and the are also work but after additional settings.

More
25 Feb 2021 08:13 #200071 by robertspark
it's a nice board, but it does not seem to be yet available as it was only announced a few days ago.

I looked at the previous generation (I presume) board which is similar and did a search as I was interested in cost....

www.ebay.com/itm/164049486422

wow! I only looked at one link but wow!

there are a lot of cheaper options for linuxcnc especially as you are using the Mesa hardware to take the stepping task away.

nice board though, and it seems it has a lot of options on CPUs too... just not needed for linuxcnc at that price unless you have one sat in front of you for free

More
03 Mar 2021 10:50 - 03 Mar 2021 10:51 #200882 by JetForMe

it's a nice board, but it does not seem to be yet available as it was only announced a few days ago.

I looked at the previous generation (I presume) board which is similar and did a search as I was interested in cost....

www.ebay.com/itm/164049486422

wow! I only looked at one link but wow!

there are a lot of cheaper options for linuxcnc especially as you are using the Mesa hardware to take the stepping task away.

nice board though, and it seems it has a lot of options on CPUs too... just not needed for linuxcnc at that price unless you have one sat in front of you for free

That's really expensive! I ordered a MANO521 (which I think has superior connectivity for our purposes) directly from Axiomtek for $205. They have an annoying order process, but I'll take it.
Last edit: 03 Mar 2021 10:51 by JetForMe.

More
03 Mar 2021 11:18 #200888 by tommylight
I just paid that kind of money for an Asus ROG Strix B550I, Mini-ITX with everything and a kitchen sink in it !
It does not have 2 ethernet ports, but it has such a long list of features it makes the head spin!
BTW, if you go this route, buy the Gigabyte B550I.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds