Remora - ethernet NVEM / EC300 / EC500 cnc board

More
14 Oct 2023 20:05 #283013 by GeramyL

Hello everyone here, it has taken me a few hours to change the interruption from the Index pin to GPIO mmmmm, dark things hahaha, but well the news is very good at the point I am now you can use the 4 ENC (Qdc) Well, following Scott's brilliant idea of using the GPIO interrupt for the Index pins, we have more pins free in XBAR, I urge those who have motors with encoders to try and comment on the results, I hope that encoder arrives soon Scott, greetings.
My repository in case you want to take a look.
***** I have created another branch for the interruption version per GPIO module QdcIndexGpioInterrupt branch, in the main branch there is the interruption implementation through the Index signal of the ENC Modules (Qdc)******

When I get my next big job íll probably buy some new servos or steppers with encoders 24-bit and give it a shot :) but that will be maybe a month out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2023 20:06 #283014 by GeramyL

Hello everyone here, it has taken me a few hours to change the interruption from the Index pin to GPIO mmmmm, dark things hahaha, but well the news is very good at the point I am now you can use the 4 ENC (Qdc) Well, following Scott's brilliant idea of using the GPIO interrupt for the Index pins, we have more pins free in XBAR, I urge those who have motors with encoders to try and comment on the results, I hope that encoder arrives soon Scott, greetings.
My repository in case you want to take a look.
***** I have created another branch for the interruption version per GPIO module QdcIndexGpioInterrupt branch, in the main branch there is the interruption implementation through the Index signal of the ENC Modules (Qdc)******

Actually to think about it I do have some 220v servos and encoders. Do you think the motor would work with the servo drivers without the encoder plugged into the driver itself and use the driver as open loop and close the loop on the remora board??

More
15 Oct 2023 12:02 #283058 by rbobey1989
mmmm, I don't think those servo drivers operate in open loop......

More
15 Oct 2023 18:20 #283082 by GeramyL

mmmm, I don't think those servo drivers operate in open loop......

Looks like it has encoder feedback on the driver.
PAO+ PAO- PBO+ PBO- PCO+ PCO-
 11.      23.     12.      24.     13.       25
 Encoder feedback
 Used for the frequency-dividing output of encoder feedback, which will be provided for the host

More
15 Oct 2023 18:21 #283083 by GeramyL
It’s a K1 Series AC Servo Driver

More
15 Oct 2023 22:36 #283098 by cakeslob
yeah, if you use the servo driver feedback out, you can use it that way

More
15 Oct 2023 23:56 #283101 by GeramyL

yeah, if you use the servo driver feedback out, you can use it that way

How many encoders are supported on the ec500? Which wires would you use to relay back to linuxcnc?

More
16 Oct 2023 00:30 #283103 by cakeslob
probably a b c, not sure about sen. not sure if C is the same as Z/index though.
not sure the encoder status on the ec500, if its software encoder it should be 6 i think. Dont know where you guys ended up with the QEI encoder thing.
Attachments:

More
16 Oct 2023 17:20 #283134 by GeramyL

probably a b c, not sure about sen. not sure if C is the same as Z/index though.
not sure the encoder status on the ec500, if its software encoder it should be 6 i think. Dont know where you guys ended up with the QEI encoder thing.

So is that just one encoder then or 3?

More
18 Oct 2023 17:59 #283244 by manager12345
Hello! I would like to know if I want to connect a keyboard made on Arduino to Gmoccapy. I want all the buttons that are on the interface to be interacted with Gmoccapy. The controller is from Nvem. Will I be able to implement it?

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds