Remora - ethernet NVEM / EC300 / EC500 cnc board

More
18 Sep 2024 20:40 #310413 by scotta
Hi, unfortunately no. The QEI is for the STM32 based boards, the QDC for the RT1052. These refer to the decoding circuits integrated into the MCUs. The QDC has the capability to count a single channel, but the current software implementation cannot take advantage it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2024 20:53 #310415 by Murphy
How hard is it to get the single A pulse and Z index working for the spindle? Is it going to be future update ?
​​​​​​
​​​​​​

More
18 Sep 2024 23:09 #310419 by cakeslob
for user xaxexa, when you say one pulse output , are you referring to it as only an A channel (x pulse/revolution) or do you mean it is a single pulse like an index channel where 1 pulse/revolution ?
if it is the index channel, you could probably implement it.

Echo to Murphy, we could benefit from having the option for only A/Z as it seems common for lathe users, , Myself and other users are finding increasing need for a non quadratic option so the encoder module can be used for MPG. Using Encoder module vs DIgitial IO for an MPG is a cleaner hal file, but also using digital IO for MPG uses 12% of the available inputs on the SPI version
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murphy

More
20 Sep 2024 03:06 #310486 by xaxexa
look, the square encoder gives us the direction and frequency, you can also calculate the angle and so on, depending on the accuracy of the encoder, the Z channel allows you to refer to the position of something, for the MPG Z is not needed, for stepper motor feedback, I would choose a diver with encoder support, and now I want feedback of the spindle speed, in theory it can be implemented using A encoder channel, or the Z channel theoretically could also give such functionality, I don’t need to cut threads, just feedback of revolutions per minute

More
20 Sep 2024 14:31 #310517 by xaxexa
Today I was sitting with a frequency generator :)
my notes, if you enter only channel A in txt, the counter counts 0,1,0,1,0,1 instead of 0,1,2,3,4,5, there is no acceleration, and velocity = 0
if you connect A and B to the same pin, then at a low frequency the counter is 0, apparently the board understands that the pulse comes at the same time, if you increase the frequency above 1 kHz, errors begin, and the counter begins to increase or decrease non-linearly, well, it seems the simplest thing is to exclude channel B from the calculation, but I don't have the knowledge at all to write such a commit... :)

and I also need to use the PRU encoder module, not just an encoder, right?

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds