Remora - ethernet NVEM / EC300 / EC500 cnc board

More
27 Aug 2024 04:31 - 27 Aug 2024 04:32 #308763 by cakeslob

I've also had no luck with an out of the box STLinkV2. But ColdTurkey has got it to work

pyocd.io/docs/debug_probes.html

"Recent STLink firmware versions will only allow access to STM32 targets. If you are using a target from a silicon vendor other than ST Micro, please use a different debug probe."

If you have a couple of probes you can always flash one with the following firmware.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052/tree/main/CMSIS-DAP

ok, so pyocd, CMSIS-DAP firmware, stlink
give me some more notes, im trying to do a docs thing
github.com/cakeslob/Remora-docs/blob/mas.../Ethernet/rt1052.rst
Last edit: 27 Aug 2024 04:32 by cakeslob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2024 15:19 #308943 by aDm1N
Just to be sure that I didn't make any wiring mistakes. Red = gnd, yellow = clk, white = dio, black = 3.3v (not needed for flashing). The board is blasted with 24v.
Attachments:

More
More
29 Aug 2024 20:48 #308971 by qaywsxedc
Hello,
Thx for the great work to all contributers. I read this huge threat and hopefully i did not miss my problem. i flashed an old nvem V2 with ethernet with Version 1.0.0
And it worked like a charme. Ping Test fine and even linuxcnc on first try thanks to the videos...
Now my problem... I just have the basic config with 3 Axis as default. The config upload fails...it prints out all Infos, but the upload fails with timeout. I try to solve IT but didn't find the problem. Maybe i can't write on the nvem.
I read it between threats but didn' t find an answer. With full config i do not need to change the config? How do i flash with full config?

Thanks for your Help
Btw. I tried the rt version... Flashing works but i can't ping it. If i get it right, my nvem is too old?
Regards

More
30 Aug 2024 16:23 #309033 by cakeslob

Hello,
Thx for the great work to all contributers. I read this huge threat and hopefully i did not miss my problem. i flashed an old nvem V2 with ethernet with Version 1.0.0
And it worked like a charme. Ping Test fine and even linuxcnc on first try thanks to the videos...
Now my problem... I just have the basic config with 3 Axis as default. The config upload fails...it prints out all Infos, but the upload fails with timeout. I try to solve IT but didn't find the problem. Maybe i can't write on the nvem.
I read it between threats but didn' t find an answer. With full config i do not need to change the config? How do i flash with full config?

Thanks for your Help
Btw. I tried the rt version... Flashing works but i can't ping it. If i get it right, my nvem is too old?
Regards

If your board is the RT1052, the only firmware you should be loading is this one

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052-c...ora-rt1052-3.1.3.bin, try this one and report back

More
30 Aug 2024 21:04 - 30 Aug 2024 21:07 #309051 by aDm1N
cakeslob post=308763 userid=25269

I've also had no luck with an out of the box STLinkV2. But ColdTurkey has got it to work

pyocd.io/docs/debug_probes.html

"Recent STLink firmware versions will only allow access to STM32 targets. If you are using a target from a silicon vendor other than ST Micro, please use a different debug probe."

If you have a couple of probes you can always flash one with the following firmware.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052/tree/main/CMSIS-DAP

ok, so pyocd, CMSIS-DAP firmware, stlink
give me some more notes, im trying to do a docs thing
github.com/cakeslob/Remora-docs/blob/mas.../Ethernet/rt1052.rst

I'm a bit confused about the pins for the encoder. PE pins were for the STM, as far as I know the pins on the RT1052 are labeled differently.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2024 21:07 by aDm1N.

More
30 Aug 2024 21:56 #309058 by cakeslob
yeah, its a placeholder. i dont know much about the specific RT1052 stuff like the dma or encoder setop or the pins they are on

More
31 Aug 2024 15:09 #309093 by aDm1N
Somewhere here I read something about the pins for encoders, but I can't find it again. I think there was talk of only one possible encoder. Either for the spindle signal, or MPG, which would be a shame if you have to decide on one. I saw the pinmapping in this post.

forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/44828-rem...rd?start=1750#303975

More
31 Aug 2024 18:47 #309104 by aaamil13
I read everything posted in the forum regarding UART settings and didn't find anything specific, so I also spent quite some time trying to connect the EC500 to the computer's COM port. However, I was lucky enough to finally make the connection via the serial port. To connect the EC500 and the computer, you need a suitable RS232 adapter and to connect pin 2 (RX) of the adapter to pin 3 of the EC500, and pin 5 of the adapter to the corresponding pin on the EC500. The terminal settings are 115200 BPS, no parity check, 8-bit length, ASCII. The important thing is that in this case, the UART is not using TTL levels (3.3 or 5 volts), but rather requires an adapter for RS232 voltage levels.

More
31 Aug 2024 23:08 - 31 Aug 2024 23:14 #309117 by qaywsxedc
  Thx for your answer. I tried the linked version...still the same error, no ping possible.
but I am on the stm32nvem... i tried the rt version because i wasn't sure, if you are going do build it for both. It is my fault, but it's a bit confusing with all the different models.
I flashed the stm Version1.0.0 again...this works fine.

I have a gantry machine and need two Y axes and an additional b axis..but with the basic config of the nvem, i always get machine errors. So i need to the full config, or i am wrong.

I tried to connect via ftp to upload manually, but no luck(on 10.10.10.10 via port 69)...host is not listening. and the upload script times out everytime.
When i connect I can move my basic axes without problems. Maybe you can compile a Version with full config on github.

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Aug 2024 23:14 by qaywsxedc. Reason: Added pic

Time to create page: 2.027 seconds