Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
18 Jan 2023 23:23 #262370 by dec0077
Hi scotta,

I reflashed the firmware as you suggested and was able to get it to work. I had to do it twice, because the firmware here github.com/scottalford75/Remora-NVEM/tree/main/Firmware did not work for me (it would not read the state of the input pins and would cause errors on the joints if I tried to make a move), while the one in here was good github.com/scottalford75/Remora-NVEM/tre...-NVEM-STM32/Firmware .

Now I have to figure out the physical limits, the VFD spindle and the game-controller-as-MPG.

Thank you for your help. I hope you won't mind if I write again if (when) i have other issues.

Best Regards,
Alberto M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2023 05:04 #262381 by scotta
Hi Alberto,

Great to hear that you are up and running. Interesting comment regarding the firmware, I'll look into that.

BR
Scott

More
23 Jan 2023 01:40 #262694 by scotta
I've got some really great news and finally all the pieces of the RT1052 based boards is solved.

Drag-and-drop programming is working!

No need to install MCUXpresso and navigate through to compile and flash firmware. I've been successful in building a version of DAPLink for the cheap and simple to obtain ST-Link V2.

Not only does this give Drag-and-drop programming but also works as a standard CMSIS-DAP debug probe with MCUXpresso as well.

The STM32F103 bootloader firmware and the RT1050 QSPI interface firmware are available in the main branch:

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052/tree/main/DAPLink

People will need an ST-Link V2 to program a second ST-Link V2 into the DAPLink for the RT1052.
  1. Flash the stm32103xb_bl.bin into the ST-Link
  2. Insert the new DAPLink and it sould appear as a Mass Storage Device called MAINTENANCE
  3. Drag the stm32f013xb_mimxrt1050_qspi_if.bin onto the drive
  4. The DAPLink will update the firmware and remount as a drive called RT1052 (E:) drive [drive letter may vary]
  5. Copy the controller board firmware from github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052/tree/main/firmware
  6. Connect the DAPLink (SWDIO, SWCLK, GND) to the controller board
  7. Drag the firmware onto the DAPLink RT1052(E:) drive [drive letter may vary]
  8. Once programming the DAPLink will reattach and no longer show the bin file
  9. Power cycle the controller board
Hope this works for others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, MX_Master, RogEnk, KenSyn

More
23 Jan 2023 02:37 #262696 by cncwhacko
Thanks so much Scott! I just received an EC500 board but only have single ST-Link, easy enough to order another one to program as described, but is it still possible to flash board with just one st-link?

More
23 Jan 2023 02:42 #262697 by scotta

Thanks so much Scott! I just received an EC500 board but only have single ST-Link, easy enough to order another one to program as described, but is it still possible to flash board with just one st-link?

Unfortunately no. It's a shame as they take a few weeks to get. I ordered a few extra for experimenting but building the DAPLink code ended up being more straight forward than I thought. Well, once I managed to extract a flash algorithm for the RT1050 with QSPI from a FLM file I found.

More
23 Jan 2023 02:48 #262698 by cncwhacko
thanks for confirming--then and I'll have some redundancy for future projects! Should have second one in next few days

More
24 Jan 2023 00:44 #262782 by rbobey1989
Hi Scott, first of all congratulations for your great work and contribution, I've been following this thread for a long time, very interesting indeed. According to the above, you must have two STLinks V2, but I only have one, my question is the following, I could use an STM32F103C8 BluePill for example to build the DAPLink firmware, if my assumption were true which pins would be the ones I should use like SWDIO, SWCLK for your DAPLink firmware?
Regards Crack

More
24 Jan 2023 01:57 #262786 by scotta
Thanks,

The pin assignments for ST-Link are

// nRESET OUT Pin
#define nRESET_PIN_PORT GPIOB
#define nRESET_PIN GPIO_PIN_0
#define nRESET_PIN_Bit 0

//SWD
#define SWCLK_TCK_PIN_PORT GPIOB
#define SWCLK_TCK_PIN GPIO_PIN_13
#define SWCLK_TCK_PIN_Bit 13

#define SWDIO_OUT_PIN_PORT GPIOB
#define SWDIO_OUT_PIN GPIO_PIN_14
#define SWDIO_OUT_PIN_Bit 14

#define SWDIO_IN_PIN_PORT GPIOB
#define SWDIO_IN_PIN GPIO_PIN_12
#define SWDIO_IN_PIN_Bit 12

Might be worth a try. You would also need to copy the ST-Link schematic and connect PB12 to PB14 with a 100 ohm resistor.

This page has more details slemi.info/2018/08/14/making-your-own-st-link-v2/

More
24 Jan 2023 14:59 #262818 by RogEnk
Just wanted to add my thanks to Scott for the hard work and perseverance on this, it really is appreciated!
I’m taking delivery, if Amazon gets it right, of my 2nd STLink today so will hopefully be getting this up and running today!

Is the pendant functioning too Scott, probably not the brightest question :D

More
24 Jan 2023 20:19 #262830 by scotta

Just wanted to add my thanks to Scott for the hard work and perseverance on this, it really is appreciated!
I’m taking delivery, if Amazon gets it right, of my 2nd STLink today so will hopefully be getting this up and running today!

Is the pendant functioning too Scott, probably not the brightest question :D

Thanks. Yes the NVMPG is operational and included in the compiled firmware bin. Looking forward to hearing how things go.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds