Series U processor intel

More
22 Mar 2023 10:03 #267288 by bkt
Series U processor intel was created by bkt
Hi Guys,

real sorry for low quality question but I'm not an hardware expert so .... but I use on my machine I5 6500 full power cpu L6 (so not subfix as U-T-Z and so on) with mint preempt .... quite good latency ..... now 6500 become not so avaiable in the market ... new or used too .... so what about 7500U 7500T or 8700T series .... can be used on nes ethercat installation with good latency and 0.5ms of raltime with efficency or not?

regards
bkt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2023 20:28 #267496 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Series U processor intel
Latency usually does not depend much on processor, more to do with other stuff connected to processor.
I have some laptops with 6300 dual core and quad core (yes same model number, different processor, Intel f@#$$), they are usable for testing with LinuxCNC after disabling stuff, but i would not run a production machine on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
31 Mar 2023 08:17 #267953 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic Series U processor intel
bho .... I've heard different opinions .... there is a Chinese manufacturer of controllers that uses lcnc ... I remember some time ago I checked the boards and processors it uses ... I remember they are arm or stm .. . then he has to see what his customers use them to do .... I asked to find out if anyone put the energy-saving intel processors in "production" .... I personally also tried the J series some time ago but I have not had good results referring to days of work .... or sudden stops of Lcnc.

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds