LinuxCNC + RDK X3 = ARMCNC

More
10 Oct 2023 10:50 - 10 Oct 2023 10:54 #282681 by MakerYang

Hello everyone, let me introduce my LinuxCNC project (ARMCNC). The RDK X3 development board is my primary development platform, and I've been using it for various projects. Recently, in my spare time, I've undertaken the LinuxCNC adaptation, starting from building the Debian 12 system to installing and deploying LinuxCNC. Next, I will officially launch the open-source ARMCNC project. I hope that friends who are interested can join in. I am proficient in various technologies beyond ARM embedded systems.

Here is the information about the development board I am using:
-Processor Quad-core CortexA53 64-bit SoC @1.5GHz
-BPU Equivalent 5TOPS
-Memory Optional 2GB/4GB LPDDR4
-Flash memory : Choice of 16GB, 32GB or 64GB eMMC flash memory
-Peripheral Interface : Optional dual-band (2.4GHz/5.0GHz) IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2 and external antenna Support Gigabit Ethernet 1 x USB 3.0 port 28 GPIO pins SD card interface
-Display 1 × HDMI interface (can support 1080p60) 1 × MIPI DSI interface (can support 1080p60)
-Image2 × 2-lane MIPI CSI camera interface 1 × 4-lane MIPI CSI camera interface
-Multimedia 4Kp60 H.264/H.265 (codec); MJPEG (codec)
-Power input 5V/3A DC
-Working temperature -20°C ~ 60°C

I will keep all the documentation updated and open-source:https://github.com/armcnc

My idea for this project is quite simple because I have a passion for these things. However, I am only proficient in technologies like Vue and Go, and I have limited knowledge in hardware. Therefore, I hope that through this project, we can make the use of LinuxCNC simpler.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Oct 2023 10:54 by MakerYang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2023 22:01 #283016 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic LinuxCNC + RDK X3 = ARMCNC
you are using the development board as the hardware driver as well?

More
15 Oct 2023 06:26 #283036 by MakerYang
Currently, it is only used for the operation and debugging of LinuxCNC. The adaptation and debugging of EtherCAT have been completed. Next, we are researching and adapting GPIO control. Once this is done, a combined system operation and motion control development board will be designed.

More
15 Oct 2023 11:45 #283054 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic LinuxCNC + RDK X3 = ARMCNC
There is a new GPIOD driver that may help
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/drivers/hal_gpio.html

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds