ESP32 HAL2UDP setup for linux CNC noob.

More
14 Mar 2024 13:13 #295897 by sapra.aayush
Trying to fix this old obsolete CNC Lathe (2Axis+tool turret ) for my diploma college with new electronics but I am a total noob to Linux and Linux CNC. I have done some GRBL CNC work but never tried Linux CNC. I was advised not to use the parallel port as I had a newer PC donated for the project with a Jitter of nearly 35000. And unable to get Mesa boards into the country and their cost would be massive if I import them myself. 

I came across this project called HAL2UDP by jzolee on Git Hub running on ethernet. ( github.com/jzolee/HAL2UDP ). 
I started but I am failing execution. I Have installed LinuxCNC, and uploaded the file CPP file to ESP32.
I am failing to install linuxcnc-uspace-dev
install build-essential

halcompile --install udp.comp
File Attachment:

What Do i do next. how do i proceed with the project , How do i remove this error. What would be next steps after compiling? How do i setup the machine?

Thank You
The following user(s) said Thank You: cekaa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2024 14:09 #295900 by cekaa
My English is poor, I found it from another video and ran it

You had a question about installing udp.comp. If you copied the file to the config folder, you must enter the config folder in the command line and issue the following commands:  sudo apt-get install linuxcnc-uspace-dev build-essential

sudo halcompile --install udp.comp
link ----

I applied the steps in this video
I put it everywhere in config linuxcnc
ip configiration thıs video ok 

I'm trying to learn too
I cannot start Linuxcnc, it is important for me.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds