Trouble

More
17 Apr 2009 18:38 #113 by mcorrente
Trouble was created by mcorrente
This may be a really dumb question but after I have opened my g-code I can't get the machine to execute it to the CNC. I am using a Probotix machine.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to be able to actually produce an object on my CNC?

Thanks for any help with this.

MC-UNLV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2009 19:59 #114 by alex_joni
Replied by alex_joni on topic Re:Trouble
mcorrente wrote:

This may be a really dumb question but after I have opened my g-code I can't get the machine to execute it to the CNC. I am using a Probotix machine.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to be able to actually produce an object on my CNC?

Thanks for any help with this.

MC-UNLV

Usually you start by doing this:

* start emc2
* get out of ESTOP (F1) and switch machine off (F2) . Note: if you're using the mini user interface, you shouldn't do this (it's done automatically).
* now you should be able to jog using the cursor keys
* home the machine (either by eye to a certain location, or automatically if you have home switches)
* go to the stock, and use touch-off to set your part 0
* open the program, verify the display that it looks ok and that your current position allows for the whole file to be cut
* click "Run", and it should start doing what the program says

Regards,
Alex

More
17 Apr 2009 20:31 #115 by mcorrente
Replied by mcorrente on topic Re:Trouble
* start emc2
* get out of ESTOP (F1) and switch machine off (F2) . Note: if you're using the mini user interface, you shouldn't do this (it's done automatically).
* now you should be able to jog using the cursor keys
* home the machine (either by eye to a certain location, or automatically if you have home switches)
(I understand these)

* go to the stock, and use touch-off to set your part 0
Not sure what this is
* open the program, verify the display that it looks ok and that your current position allows for the whole file to be cut
Got this ok....I think
* click "Run", and it should start doing what the program says
(My run button is unavailable and also I tried to just hit the (R) button and it tells me an error because my machine needs to be out of e-stop and turned on, but I have the e-stop on and my machine is on. I wonder if the program is even realizing the connection.

My apologies. I am very new to all this.-MC

More
17 Apr 2009 21:41 - 17 Apr 2009 21:42 #116 by alex_joni
Replied by alex_joni on topic Re:Trouble
When you first hit F1 (to get out of ESTOP, the info in the AXIS status bar should change from ESTOP to ESTOP RESET), then when hitting F2 you should see MACHINE ON.
Also the buttons just below the File menu should reflect that.
Here's a view of AXIS that has been enabled, and is ok to run a program:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html//axis.png

Regards,
Alex

PS: here's the link to the AXIS documentation, might help too: www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//gui_axis.html
Last edit: 17 Apr 2009 21:42 by alex_joni.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds