Nembered Paramenters accessibility.

More
09 May 2013 19:01 #33825 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Numbered Paramenters

For dev version do you mean getting it from "git" ?
At the moment I'm using a test PC with Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 and LCNC 2.5.2 (stepper configuration) installed but I understood that I need
an Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 installation to use it with GladeVCP isn't it ?:

You can get a precompiled version of "master" from the buildbot:
buildbot.linuxcnc.org
Instructions are there on how to configure it so that you can update from there as required.

I _think_ that GladeVCP works under 8.04. Try the test configurations in the config picker: sim->gladevcp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2013 19:15 - 09 May 2013 19:18 #33826 by bigalex
Replied by bigalex on topic Numbered Paramenters
Hi John.
These code I used with Siemens 800 serie CNC.
That G code Siemens Dialect is quite flexible and I can use H functions to held values outside the canonical use.
H function are also visible and adjustable from PLC.
M, S , T, H functions are visible from PLC.
I don't need (If I want) to start .ncg program without the machine axis homed.
Infact the G74 performs the axis homing from the .ngc program running and started without the machine axis homed.
-------------------------
IF R20==1 GOTOF NOSET    **** THIS PARAMETER IS WRITTEN BY THE PLC LOGIC AND HOLD
                                                    **** THE INFORMATION OF THE AXIS HOMING PERFORMED
                                                    **** 0=NOT PERFORMED 1=PERFORMED      
MSG(”Attesa pulsante azzeramento assi”)
M37 H1=35
H1=36
G74 Y1=0	; Azzeramento asse Verticale
G74 Z1=0	; Azzeramento asse Tazza
G74 X1=0	; Azzeramento asse Traslazione
NOSET:
Into the .ngc files (for this application) I don't use explicit positions or speeds (feeds) for the axis movements.
For all this I used R parameters (aka Numbered Parameters).
Nobody except "me" need to edit G code file on the machine.
All parameters are adjusted from GUI (HMI) interface and some from the PLC logic if needed.

bigalex :blink:
Last edit: 09 May 2013 19:18 by bigalex.

More
09 May 2013 19:16 - 09 May 2013 19:18 #33827 by bigalex
Hi Andy.
Thanks a lot.

Last edit: 09 May 2013 19:18 by bigalex.

More
09 May 2013 19:47 #33830 by andypugh
I will try to have a fiddle around with the idea in the next few days, to make sure I can get it to work.

More
09 May 2013 20:07 #33832 by bigalex
Ok Andy !
Do you know what is the status and the features of the G code "connectivity" to HAL logic.
I wish to have Numbered Parameters connected to HAL pins in some way ............ :blush:

More
09 May 2013 20:58 #33838 by andypugh

Ok Andy !
Do you know what is the status and the features of the G code "connectivity" to HAL logic.
I wish to have Numbered Parameters connected to HAL pins in some way:

The status (as I understand it) is that G-code can read the value of a HAL pin, but it can't set it.

I am suggesting an approach that does not store the data in numbered parameters, but in a separate dedicated file, controlled and owned by the custom GUI.
(You can have the GladeVCP GUI as the only visible GUI, too, if you want)

More
09 May 2013 21:13 - 09 May 2013 21:14 #33839 by bigalex
Ok Andy.
I will wait for you for next good news.
I really appreciate your and the other fellows support.

Last edit: 09 May 2013 21:14 by bigalex.

More
09 May 2013 21:18 - 09 May 2013 22:50 #33840 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Numbered Paramenters
There is a way to pass values back to GCode, but it is kludgy.

A MDI command can set a parameter, so long as you are not in Auto mode, you can change parameters that way.

You can pause a program, take it out of Auto mode, change things and then 'run from line'
as demonstrated in this thread
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...set-a-variable#29257
so it could be done that way.

It would fall over fast, if the parameter was already read into the interpreter.

I largely used it to change offsets, so the same code was running at slightly altered absolute co-ordinates.

regards
Last edit: 09 May 2013 22:50 by ArcEye.

More
10 May 2013 03:10 #33856 by andypugh

There is a way to pass values back to GCode, but it is kludgy.

A MDI command can set a parameter,

Also, as long as the G-code is able to actively _look_ for the value when it needs it, the G-code analogue input and output commands can be used.

More
10 May 2013 05:16 #33860 by andypugh
Attached is a complete config that I think demonstrates a way to achieve what I think you want to achieve in a completely different way to the way you think you want to do it :-)

It uses the Axis interface (but doesn't need to, you could use a standalone Glade interface, and use halui as the GUI specified in the INI file, then your Glade GUI would be the _only_ GUI.)

The three spinboxes let you define the position and radius of a circle. The default G-code program reads the gladevcp HAL pin values, and makes the programmed move. This is only possible using FEATURES=12 and the #<_hal[some.hal.pin]> structure that that allows you to use in your G-code.

Note that there is actually no HAL link between the Glade widgets and anything at all in the rest of LinuxCNC. (this is really a cool discovery, and will revolutionise the way I do my lathe subs)

When the Glade GUI exits it saves the state of all the widgets in a file called savestate.ini (this is a little unfortunate, as the config picker thinks this is a LinuxCNC ini file, but never mind).

When you start LinuxCNC all the widgets get restored to their previous value. Thus you have the persistence you wanted.

Note that the postgui hal file does nothing at all except enable the panel adjustments. This could very easily be a HAL link to a physical keyswitch, so that the panel is always visible, but only adjustable by someone with the key.
(There are about a dozen ways round this "security" but the users would have to try, they couldn't claim accident)

To try this out, set your system up to use "master" using the instructions at buildbot.linuxcnc.org
Then extract the attached config into your configs folder, and pick "glade2gcode" from the config picker.

Because the G-code file is opened before the Glade panel (wierd, but there you go) there is an error dialog when the G-code program opens. This is annoying, but could be bypassed by having the GladeVCP panel embedded Python load the program instead of the INI file
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds