x axes continuos

More
21 Feb 2015 06:24 #56173 by joekline9
Replied by joekline9 on topic x axes continuos
The powered reel for the film could be setup as the A axis. Even though not really a rotary axis.
Then give it an incremental move after each loop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2015 21:32 #56187 by albova
Replied by albova on topic x axes continuos
the display can be reduced using axis, axis and show, hide conditioned only on the first run.
the problem is that the repeats are about 30 000 and the load of the program is very long.
I should find a way to load only the first or some reps and make sure that the program ignores all others.
Any idea?

More
22 Feb 2015 18:02 #56214 by albova
Hi
I tried to use (AXIS, stop)
result that the system is quick to load all the reps, but i can not see the track on the video. I thought that by controlling a cycle " if " the first two repetitions, and then enable (axis, stop), to be able to see the two repetitions. Instead you can not see anything. In the manual it says: "(AXIS, stop) Stops the preview from here to end to the file"
So why do not I see the repetitions conditioned by if?
thank you

More
22 Feb 2015 18:26 #56215 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic x axes continuos
Try putting one run of the print code outside the loop, before it.

Then enclose the conditional loop that runs the remaining repetitions of the code inside (AXIS, HIDE) .........(AXIS, SHOW)

See if that works.

The main trouble is that your machine is one that is not understood by the preview interpreter.

This should give you a plot to check that it is going to do what you expect in terms of pattern,
but Gremlin is never going to show each pattern in the centre of the preview screen so long as it thinks the X axis is moving between each print

regards

More
22 Feb 2015 18:41 #56216 by albova
I tried as you suggested, but with (axis, hide) and (axis, show) the system works long even if it shows only the first repetition. I think that even if the path is hidden, however is processed by axis. the only way to speed up the system is (axis, stop) but I do not understand because it hides everything even before instruction
regards

More
23 Feb 2015 20:03 #56231 by albova
I think I've solved using tklinuxcnc as gui
This gui does not see the program when it loads but I see it as it works and with each repetition the tool then returns to zero
Should I customize the interface
For example, the Backplot and the keys on the interface
Where should I have any change?
regards
Ale

More
23 Feb 2015 21:47 #56233 by ArcEye
Hi

If you like tklinuxcnc, then use it, I find it awful.

I don't understand your obsession with seeing the pattern for each repetition of the print in the plot.
Are you going to stand there and watch all 30,000 repetitions?

Surely all you need, is to see the pattern once to check it is OK, check the spacing between patterns is right and then
leave it to get on with it?

regards

More
23 Feb 2015 21:57 #56234 by albova
certainly no
the problem is that with axis I can not see the pattern
if i load gcode with one repeat and then hide all that is in the repeat, axis does the calculation for the display and load time is very long
if I program a (Axis, stop) during the repeat axis hide everything. I do not see the tool that works it nor the whole pattern.
As you say I just see only the first
regards

More
23 Feb 2015 22:34 #56240 by ArcEye
What I would do is have 2 gcode files.

verify.ngc just runs the code to print once and moves to the next position
This will not take long to load and you can check that the print and the offset distance are correct.

Then you can run fullrun.ngc, which is just a huge number of repeats of the code in verify.ngc, and have some confidence that the code will run properly

regards

More
23 Feb 2015 22:39 #56241 by albova
the solution with two files I wanted to leave for the last but I think it will be one I will use.

regards

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds