Does M5 Break Blending?

More
22 Jan 2016 00:36 #68905 by Paul

I set the M62 in my light torch sub, (go to pierce height, light torch, go to cut height etc.)
You could also just command a M62 at the beginning of the existing programs and let the M3 and M5 do there thing.
Rick G

Ah- I forgot about adding M62 to a light torch sub.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2016 09:45 #68913 by Rick G

One thing I noticed was trying to start a job on a specific line doesn't seem to work. Do I have things set correctly and need to accept this? Since I have my M62 at the beginning, I'm assuming running from a line later the this, won't have the logic set correctly.

I try to avoid running a program from a specific line, too often I do not get the expected results.

Couple of things.
If you are starting a job the M62 has to be active, again with the suggested setup both M3 and M62 active to light torch.

If however you hit escape or stop while a program with M62 active is running it will not deactivate the M62. In this case a M3 by itself may light the torch.

This is one reason to be sure to set the logic for both M3 and M62 to be active to light torch. If you were to use M62 (digital output) alone for the torch when you hit escape or stop the machine motion will stop but the torch will stay lit. The same with M2, the torch will stay lit.
So to be safe set the logic so that both M3 and M62 have to be active to light the torch, you can turn the torch off during the program with a M5 , M63, or M65. Hitting escape or stop should turn the torch off. And be sure to end all programs with M5 and M63 followed by a g move or M65 to turn both off at the end.

Rick G

More
25 Jan 2016 11:35 #69086 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Does M5 Break Blending?
Thanks...

I really like the difference that I am seeing. For now, I just modified SheetCAM's post processor at the pendown by adding an M62 just before going to pierce height and added a rule to insert an M63 just before the end of a cut. That works on new jobs. I think it will work to just add an early M62 to existing jobs while using their M3/M5.

I appreciate all the help!
PK

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds