Dual Helix with G33.1?

More
17 Apr 2018 06:43 - 17 Apr 2018 06:51 #109173 by Nitram
Replied by Nitram on topic Dual Helix with G33.1?
I have two different types of mill controllers in my life. One was a FADAL, the other Linuxcnc.

On the FADAL control, with the rotary axis (I have an A rotary axis) the sign determined direction. In other words, A45 and A-45 were both the same absolute positions in space. BUT the sign determined whether the move was CW or CCW to get to that position.

Many other controllers use the principle of "magnitude determines direction". In other words, the controller will always turn the shortest direction to get to the A axis position. Because of this, many post processors have settings to cater for this and therefore always break rotary moves into shorter segments (at least less than 180 degrees) to make sure the axis continues to turn in the correct direction during the move.

How does linuxcnc handle this and how does one define direction in the case of a single/continuous greater than 180/360 degree move?
Last edit: 17 Apr 2018 06:51 by Nitram.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2018 16:20 #109554 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Dual Helix with G33.1?

How does linuxcnc handle this and how does one define direction in the case of a single/continuous greater than 180/360 degree move?

I think that this is described here:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-co...s__lt_num_gt_section
WRAPPED_ROTARY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds