dxf2gcode Arc Gcode generation problem

More
08 Sep 2018 10:41 #117218 by giantstone
Hi, I'm trying to generate gcodes from my dxf files using dxf2gcode with drag knife.

please see the dxf file which consists of arcs and a few polylines.
output2.ngc (92 K) is the gcode generated by dxf2gcode from final_cut_pts_setx2.dxf (93 K),
output_0002.ngc (13 K) is the gcode generated by inkscape with gcode_tools (tangent knife support) from final_cut_pts_setx2.dxf (93 K),

as you can see, output_0002.ngc is much more neat,
I want to use the command line "python3 dxf2code input.dxf -e output.ngc -q " to automaticlaly generate output_0002.ngc (13 K) like gcodes,
could anyone help me to figure out how?

I appreciate your time and your help.

btw, I tried to play with the dxf2code config files, and the best result so far I have got is final_cut_pts_setx1.ngc (56 K),
which is still not good enough.

a notable difference between my inkscape gcode-tools config and the dxf2code config is that, i have
regex("G01 A","G00 A");
as additional post processor (thanks to Badger who taught me this technique)

I'm stuck.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2018 02:08 #117272 by giantstone
maybe i should try another way to generate the G-code, instead of using dxf2gcode.
I generate the dxf by dxfwrite in python, from a set of cut-line coordinates.
the coordinates are then parameterised in to arcs.

More
10 Sep 2018 05:29 #117280 by tommylight
Try Inkscape, it can import dxf and output gcode. If it does not import dxf, install pstoedit with
sudo apt-get install pstoedit

More
10 Sep 2018 14:31 #117290 by giantstone
thanks for your reply, Tommy,
I tried inkscape with gcode-tools, something like this:
inkscape /home/sam/mass_test/test0/final_cut_pts_setx1.dxf --verb=ru.cnc-club.filter.gcodetools_ptg.noprefs
but it can not produce gcode automatically, and by checking the inkscape man page, i didn not find any info to output gcode directly.

More
10 Sep 2018 14:33 #117291 by giantstone
I have the cut lines in python, and i can output the cut-lines into dxf/svg/png etc. format, yet I need to find a way to automatically produce a tangent_knife gcode from the cutlines. do you know how?

More
10 Sep 2018 20:50 #117310 by tommylight
No, but i am sure inkscape has tangential knife as a tool in the tool selection box.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds