insert x-y positions on the fly on g-code

More
19 Mar 2021 18:00 #202867 by bkt
this is something i did with Lcnc 2.6 with the help of AndyPug and Arkeye .... i was using named parameters in g-code on a sub .... the parameters were varied by a user-comp ... it worked all quite well ... but now I would like to repeat everything on Lcnc 2.8 which however does not seem to cooperate at all. In fact, the named parameters on the sub routines are not read and remain constantly at zero .... apart from sometimes where randomly everything seems to work. Explain me better: I see named parameter correcly chage on HALSHOW windows, but is not read on g-code "in time" for executions ... so i need to break process of execution for read the new desired position tranferd from user comp.

How can I force the trajectory planner to read and execute the new quote without having to stop the gcode?

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2021 23:27 #202911 by andypugh

on Lcnc 2.8 which however does not seem to cooperate at all. In fact, the named parameters on the sub routines are not read and remain constantly at zero
How can I force the trajectory planner to read and execute the new quote without having to stop the gcode?

The problem is probably that 2.7 introduced the new trajectory planner which had a lookahead of hundred of lines, whereas it was something like 2 lines in 2.6.

You need to "bust the queue" before reading your parameters.

I think that an M66 command (ignoring the return value) might force a synch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
20 Mar 2021 07:45 #202941 by bkt
In fact, by introducing M66 P0 L0 after the custom command M110, the values ​​are executed in the gcode.

Everything works great.

bkt

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds