G code Generators

More
06 Jun 2021 19:02 #211320 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic G code Generators
Getting closer on a proper path for a pocket, just need to add the Z depth steps and I think it's done. Notice how each pass the cutter stays engaged with the material for the same woc vs a G1 path the cutter will rub in the corner and wear out faster.

JT
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2021 12:36 - 07 Jun 2021 12:39 #211418 by BigJohnT
AFAIK the pocket routine is finished and working. Testing would be nice.

The path is rapid to safe z then rapid to the start point then feed down to the top of the material and then ramp down to the first z depth then keeping the cutter fully engaged in the material by using arcs on the corners cut the pocket. As the cutter gets to the point where larger arcs are needed to finish up the pocket the arcs start to increase.

While testing I also put the finished pocket path so I can see that the pocket is cut properly and that's why you see the outer path.

JT
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jun 2021 12:39 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, itsme

More
11 Jun 2021 11:33 - 11 Jun 2021 11:35 #211799 by BigJohnT
I added drilling speed and feed calculators. In the past my speed and feed calculators while correct were clunky and required typing in numbers. I wanted to change that and make an easier way to get rpm and feed for drilling ops. So this one you select units and material and adjust the sliders for SFM or SMM you want and IPR (still need to fix MPR) offset for feed and lastly you can pick the depth of the hole times the diameter for a reduction in speed and feed for deeper holes. I'm not really sure how to offset the feed per rev on metric, for imperial it's 0.001" per 1/16" +- 0.001" on the total.

JT
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jun 2021 11:35 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Jun 2021 12:25 #212324 by BigJohnT
I'm really liking the drill speed and feed page now. It's so much simpler to use than what I had before.

I just added common tap drill sizes in inch. If there is any interest in adding metric tap drills I can.

JT
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds