Bash M1## how to use the P word

More
16 Sep 2021 12:13 #220791 by my1987toyota
IT WORKS !!!!
thank you both for the help.
Do either of you have any objections to me posting the working code on the Pick and Place section ?
I am sure others would benefit from seeing working examples of the M100 - M199 bash codes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2021 13:28 #220794 by Aciera
No objections whatsoever.

More
16 Sep 2021 14:30 - 16 Sep 2021 14:31 #220797 by anfänger
Good to hear its running!
Please share the more examples are out there the easier it gets f other to find their way around.
And sorry for having my blog in German, but it is more or less a documentation for me and German is my native language.
This whole machining stuff is just a hobby, so when I am not at home I have no access to my scripts.

one last thing what and wahre is ist pick and place section?
Last edit: 16 Sep 2021 14:31 by anfänger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
16 Sep 2021 23:21 #220830 by my1987toyota
anfanger no need to apologize for your blog being in your native language .
The pick and place section is here forum.linuxcnc.org/pnp

The Pick and Place stuff has been more of a self challenge. Just to
see if I can do it and to see how much I can learn in the processes .

More
16 Sep 2021 23:28 - 16 Sep 2021 23:47 #220832 by my1987toyota
Last edit: 16 Sep 2021 23:47 by my1987toyota. Reason: adding information

More
17 Sep 2021 04:56 #220858 by anfänger
I thought it’s subforum here to share code…
But nice I didn’t know you use linuxcnc to run these machines

More
17 Sep 2021 11:14 - 17 Sep 2021 11:30 #220879 by my1987toyota
I washed the name through a translator anfänger = beginner correct?
That's a very interesting machine you got there . I have never seen an ATC like that.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2021 11:30 by my1987toyota. Reason: adding information

More
17 Sep 2021 11:26 #220882 by anfänger
Yes,
I stumbled open the German Petz of the forum and registered there quite a while ago. Realizing later, that its an English forum. Otherwise I would have chosen another nick name.

More
17 Sep 2021 11:34 - 17 Sep 2021 11:53 #220883 by my1987toyota
It's a great Avatar name . Everyone is a Beginner at some point .
How did you learn to program bin bash ?
Last edit: 17 Sep 2021 11:53 by my1987toyota. Reason: updating information

More
17 Sep 2021 12:56 #220885 by anfänger
used play around with Linux 20 years ago. My brother was working fo the Alcatel then and we played around with sip an telephone servers. I was also running my own Webserver and was doing some PERL programming..
In that time I picked up some bash skills, but forgot most of it till I started using linuxcnc, but it was much easier for me to pick up some skills again than learning Python. In the beginning I did everything in bash. Now I mainly use a mix of ngc files and bash. And very few python. I have there or four python scripts for controlling the shellys in my air compressor. The Estop functions of the basket tool changer.
The reminders for the maintenance cycles and something I forgot.

The benefit of bash is you can glue all the commandline tools linux has together.

My tool change is quite complex but nice. The first ngc script checks if the called tool is in the basket. It so a bash written Mcode changes the tool. If not the current tool is stored away (I it is in the basket). The machine drives to the door and calls a bash written Mcode for a manual tool change.
This script searches the tool table to the called tool, and bings a popup window with Tool number, Offset and description. And after you confirmed the change it clamps the tool and asks you if it’s secured correctly. And resumes if you confirm.

It’s just a few lines of code.

So you can control every program or part of Linux wich ich accessible by bash with an Mcode. You can also read Hal and Ini parameters in bash, this was quite useful before you were able to access them from gcode.
For example if you need to change some bolts during a program, you could stop, bring a browser with a corresponding video in the foreground and resume agitier you closed the browser.
Or you could update an website with a part counter. Make a call to your smartphone after 500 parts. I really like LinuxCNC :D. I wish I had more time playing around with it
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, my1987toyota

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds