Program Exceeds Machine Limits Error

More
15 Mar 2023 01:07 #266717 by Sray69
I finally got my machine built, squared, trammed and calibrated. Now I am trying to run my first job. I created a basic spoilboard surface job on Easel Pro. This first run is just the perimeter of my workspace. Then I will do the entire inner surface in my second job. 

Anyway, my workspace (soft limits) is 44.5" (X) x 46.5" (Y). In Easel I made the work area 44.5" x 46.5" to match. I am using a 1.25" surfacing bit. I set it to cut inside the perimeter. When I try to run the job I am getting the following error. 

I understand that this is probably due to some settings in my INI but I am having trouble figuring out exactly what the problem is. I tried making the limits in the gcode smaller so they would definitely be inside the limits in LCNC but I got got the same message.
I set HOME = as follows:
X axis = 0.2
Y axis = 0.4
Z axis = -0.2

I set MAX_LIMIT = as follows:
X axis = 44.500
Y axis = 46.500
Z axis = -4.001

Here is my INI

File Attachment:

File Name: lcnc.ini-031423.txt
File Size:5 KB

Here are my settings in Easel Pro

Here is the gcode from Easel. I had to add .nc to the INI file and I had to add the beginning and ending %'s in order to load the file.

One other thing that I am not sure how to do is clear the G54 after setting the Touchoff. I noticed "H" in front of the axes in this image. And the coordinates are different than usual. Even after rebooting the machine and the computer they remain. 

Here is the DRO if this helps any.

I am hoping there is an easy fix.
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2023 05:33 #266723 by cmorley
You most likely need to set your user (G5x) origin ie. touch off.

I can't tell from your pic but the program must be inside the dotted red machine limit lines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sray69

More
15 Mar 2023 05:54 #266724 by Sray69

You most likely need to set your user (G5x) origin ie. touch off.

I can't tell from your pic but the program must be inside the dotted red machine limit lines

I did set my G54 by using Touch Off for all axis. But now I cannot figure out how to clear that when I am done with the job?

I will have to look closer at the dotted red machine limit lines. I will try to get all 4 sides within the border. I guess I thought I could surface the entire work space (exact size).

More
15 Mar 2023 06:55 #266725 by MaHa
If you set G54 to machine zero
G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0

Then your code is centered within the soft limits.

More
15 Mar 2023 09:31 #266731 by andypugh

I did set my G54 by using Touch Off for all axis. But now I cannot figure out how to clear that when I am done with the job?

You will typically re-set the G54 by touch-off at the beginning of every job, so don't generally need to clear it.
But you can clear it with a G10 in the MDI window, as pointed out by MaHa.

It looks like you have set the Y with a 0.4 (inch) offset inside the Y minimum, which is pushing your G-code outside the limits.

To surface the whole spoilboard you might have to use a large diameter cutter.

More
15 Mar 2023 16:22 #266759 by Sray69
Thanks guys for the assist. I figured it had to do with my home offset. As a quick test I just subtracted the offsets from the travel distance of X & Y in the NC file and it ran.

So now instead of a workspace of 44.5" (X) it is actually 44.3"? Correct? Or is there a different/better way to do it?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds