G64 causes the processing acceleration to slow down

More
10 Jul 2024 13:22 #304809 by SummerLotus
I hope my processing path and programming path are accurately controlled within a certain range, so I use G64 P0.01 to control.
But after using G64 in the G code, my acceleration became slower.
It is not just that the acceleration at the inflection point becomes slower (for example, I draw L).
it will take a longer time at the line acceleration of the X/Y line (from 0 to MAX_VEL or from MAX_VEL to 0).
Only one axis participation movement will be longer.
why is that? Can I let it run according to the maximum acceleration I designed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2024 13:39 #304810 by jimmyrig
Huh weird.

Someone more knowledgeable will probably step in. The only thing I can think of is the acceleration set the same for all the axis in motion?
E g. If x is 1000 and y is 500 g64 might limit things to 500 even if moving x only to make the math easier.

With no g64 linuxcnc rounds corners substantially to maintain speed. So it makes sense it would take longer with g64.

Try with a bigger g64 and see what happens. Often you can use a big g64 for roughing and a small one for the finish pass if machining. However if you are running a plasma/laser/3d printer etc obviously you can't do that

More
10 Jul 2024 14:19 #304812 by tommylight
What is the required part tolerance?
If it can be 0.1mm then
G64 P0.1
Should be much faster
Or if doing decorative stuff, even G64 P0.3 or more should be OK, and much faster to run/finish.
0.01mm is very high tolerance, even metal fitting parts can deal with a bit more tolerance.

More
10 Jul 2024 21:33 #304848 by rodw
Its probably expected due to the laws of physics. Without G64, motion will set a large enough arc so it does not have to change the cut velocity.
With G64 you are telling the maximum deviation that is permissible so the tool has to slow down due to the laws of physics to meet your settings.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds