Possible to add transform to rotate axes in ini

More
09 Aug 2011 12:10 #12334 by alanb
I am looking at the standard installation. I have not pulled down the source code so I guess building will be difficult . So is the first step to pull down the source and build a local copy? I thought that python was interpreted and so all I needed to do was make a back up copy of the original axis.py and then edit it in situ. Is that not the case?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2011 12:32 #12335 by ArcEye
No you don't need to build anything, just save a copy of the original and hack away!
All python scripts start #! /bin/python which tells bash what interpreter to use

More
10 Aug 2011 02:03 #12366 by cmorley
I played with this a bit but the method was not in axis.py (I was hacking 2.5).
unfortunate there were limits set on lon and lat that wouldn't allow rotation past a certain point (-60 I think)
When I tried to open the limits it made no difference so it must be set somewhere else too.
So I could rotate the scene and such but could not change it as you wanted.
but these methods were in glnav.py not axis.py

More
10 Aug 2011 12:54 #12379 by alanb
I played around with the 2.4 axis.py file also and had the same results. I could set a couple of transformations to get the orientation I wanted but then couldnt rotate it. It seemed to me that the routines handling the mouse movement for rotation assumed that Z was pointing up the screen in a pesrspective view and did the rotation accordingly. This seemed to be code internal to the tkopengl widget so I couldnt see if it could be changed. I also played around with changing the camera position and the direction of the up vector in gluLookAt but again not much joy.

Alan

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds