A axis display

More
18 Sep 2011 07:27 #13251 by tymcneer
A axis display was created by tymcneer
I have looked around the forums and through the documentation, and with those sources, I have managed to get the A axis to display on my EMC. Thank you all for good documentation and having a help forum.

Now... I have this little, but annoying issue with the display. The display acts as though the head is revolving around the stock, rather than the head being fixed and the stock revolving.

Is there any way to change the display, so that I am not drilling and milling from the inside of my work piece?

If not, this will not upset me, it just looks odd, and makes debugging handwritten gcode a touch more difficult.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Ty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2011 10:37 #13254 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:A axis display
I take it you have worked with the geometry statement in your .ini file.

GEOMETRY = XYZABCUVW
Controls the preview and backplot of rotary motion. This item consists of a sequence of axis letters, optionally preceded by a "-" sign. Only axes defined in [TRAJ]AXES should be used. This sequence specifies the order in which the effect of each axis is applied, with a "-" inverting the sense of the rotation.
The proper GEOMETRY string depends on the machine configuration and the kinematics used to control it. The example string GEOMETRY=XYZBCUVW is for a 5-axis machine where kinematics causes UVW to move in the coordinate system of the tool and XYZ to move in the coordinate system of the material. The order of the letters is important, because it expresses the order in which the different transformations are applied. For example rotating around C then B is different than rotating around B then C. Geometry has no effect without a rotary axis.

This can change the display, but with AXIS it is normal for the tool to move on the display, not the work.

Rick G

More
18 Sep 2011 11:39 #13255 by tymcneer
Replied by tymcneer on topic Re:A axis display
Rick G wrote:

I take it you have worked with the geometry statement in your .ini file.

GEOMETRY = XYZABCUVW
Controls the preview and backplot of rotary motion. This item consists of a sequence of axis letters, optionally preceded by a "-" sign. Only axes defined in [TRAJ]AXES should be used. This sequence specifies the order in which the effect of each axis is applied, with a "-" inverting the sense of the rotation.
The proper GEOMETRY string depends on the machine configuration and the kinematics used to control it. The example string GEOMETRY=XYZBCUVW is for a 5-axis machine where kinematics causes UVW to move in the coordinate system of the tool and XYZ to move in the coordinate system of the material. The order of the letters is important, because it expresses the order in which the different transformations are applied. For example rotating around C then B is different than rotating around B then C. Geometry has no effect without a rotary axis.

This can change the display, but with AXIS it is normal for the tool to move on the display, not the work.

Rick G

I believe I had looke into the information you quoted, but as you stated, I don't think it made any difference on the display :( Unfortunately I won't get getting around to testing that for another week or two... No shop time stinks :(

Rick, thanks for the information. I kinda expected that to be the answer, but I was so hoping I had missed something simple.

Ty

• elvistaylor
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Sep 2011 05:33 #13280 by elvistaylor
Replied by elvistaylor on topic Re:A axis display
ya well answered from rick.. but i am not a cnc machine operator here to help u.. but i know this website ill help u to know that problem from display..

www.emd-usa.com/

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds