Axis "max" jog speed & max velocity values

More
09 Feb 2010 01:49 - 09 Feb 2010 03:01 #1830 by tenaja
Can anybody tell me where to edit the max values for the "jog speed" and "max velocity" sliders in Axis? On one of my tabletops, it tops out around 20, but the slider goes to something like 1200 so to get any kind of resolution I have to use a combination of the jog speed slider with the feed override slider.

Thanks!
Last edit: 09 Feb 2010 03:01 by tenaja.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2010 03:08 #1852 by tenaja
Replied by tenaja on topic Re:Axis
Well, I was able to find the answer to adjusting the "jog speed" sliders in the answer acemi gave me in one of my other questions:
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//config_ini_config.html#sub:[DISPLAY]-section

Unfortunately, I tried a number of other parameters but couldn't find the adjustment for changing the Max Velocity slider range. Any hints would be appreciated.

More
10 Feb 2010 10:26 #1853 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Axis
Try...

Edit in your ini file in the display section.

2.2.2 [DISPLAY] Section

MAX_FEED_OVERRIDE = 1.2
The maximum feed override the user may select. 1.2 means 120% of the programmed feed rate.

Rick G

More
10 Feb 2010 16:13 #1855 by tenaja
Rick,
Thanks for the suggestion, but that is the "Feed Override" slider. I am interested in the "Max Velocity" slider. Currently, it reads .00001 to 60. I would like a more appropriate top value, like 25 or 30.

More
10 Feb 2010 16:35 #1856 by tenaja
Ok, I got it figured out. It is in the Axis section, and the value is determined by the greatest value of all axes "Max_Velocity" setting.

And, oddly, all of the settings are in in/sec, and the display is in in/min. So to get it to read 30, I have to set the largest of all max_velocity values to .5.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds