How do I do a manual tool change?

More
22 Nov 2017 11:00 #102180 by eslavko
On old version (running Ubuntu) that's works without problem. I use it near all the time. Probably way more people use that than Andy think. For users with simple machines with collet spindle the inserted tool has different length every time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2017 19:15 #102502 by cptX
Yes, I absolutely agree! This is exactly what I have, too!
I rewrote the whole patch from the beginning. The previous patch, had too many unnecessary modifications, including many comments that he doesn't understand what is happeninng in the code. Plus the window Manual tool change was always visible. I now hide this window from the beginning.

The only fear I have is that linuxcncStat.read_line may not be reliable in all cases!

I will test it and I will give you a feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whoppa

More
01 Aug 2018 19:57 #115339 by whoppa
Thank you, worked for me, just what I wanted.
i am new to Linux and had to get root access to be able to edit tool change file.

More
02 Aug 2018 11:39 #115397 by agris

Yes, I absolutely agree! This is exactly what I have, too!
I rewrote the whole patch from the beginning. The previous patch, had too many unnecessary modifications, including many comments that he doesn't understand what is happeninng in the code. Plus the window Manual tool change was always visible. I now hide this window from the beginning.

The only fear I have is that linuxcncStat.read_line may not be reliable in all cases!

I will test it and I will give you a feedback.

Hey cptX,

Any news on your reworked manual toolchange?
Please attach your file so I can try to test it, too.

More
08 Nov 2021 23:55 - 08 Nov 2021 23:56 #225737 by Vladcronos
lol, here we are, 9 years later and still no manual tool change? That came unexpected to me, as I find it hard to understand why to just stop disabling jogging and let me jog just like mach3/4 and let me reset Z at any position. Seems dead simple... seems like that is gonna ruin my day today haha
Last edit: 08 Nov 2021 23:56 by Vladcronos.

More
09 Nov 2021 00:10 #225739 by Vladcronos
Hi Andy, I am here with the same problem, and I agree that manual tool change is a pita. I can easily setup a sensor tho, right on a side of a bed for example. I am not very experienced in coding though, Could you please guide me in the right direction, maybe there is some sort of basic guide on setting that up anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds