axis negligible movement

More
03 Jun 2013 04:39 #35159 by edscrane1
Thanks to the help received in the Pncconf section of the forum, I now have my 5i25 and 7i77 boards receiving encoder signals, but have had to use a preloaded 5i25-7i77 configuration file as the firmware could not be found by pncconf.

Using the calibration section of axis, I have set the encoders to the correct scale and direction, but the maximum movement acieved by using the jog button is .002 before the joint following error appears.

The servos drive with a 1.5 volt battery connected to the drive command connections.

The machine is a Beaver NC5 ex Anilam GXM with anilam drives and scales / encoder.

Changing P I D etc seems to make no difference.

Should I change the timing before a following error is allowed to cut off the control, and if so, where would I find the timings?

Any other ideas? the drives are ready to accept a command voltage but the 7i77 does not appear to be sending one out.

Vin voltage is +24v and the 7i77 board now has a dedicated 5v power supply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2013 05:29 #35161 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic axis negligible movement
For tuning you must increase the ferror and min_ferror limits (to say 1") so you can see whats going on. Be aware, the feedback may be backwards so it may runaway (which is why you have a 1 inch or so ferror limit)
The following user(s) said Thank You: edscrane1

More
03 Jun 2013 19:27 #35180 by edscrane1
Replied by edscrane1 on topic axis negligible movement
I have found and changed the ferror values to allow testing

Also found I had wired the command +- on the drive in to the enable +- on the 7i77 instead of to Aout and Ground

The next step is to calibrate the command output, then I need to learn how to write HAL so that the I/O ports can be set up.

Thanks again for the help and support.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds