Elapsed Time, ETA, display in AXIS? possimus?

More
01 Jan 2014 07:09 #42254 by clunc
Is a display of "time elapsed since start" available in AXIS?

I've looked for it--and I've searched this Forum area for "elapsed time" and "ETA" too--but with my very first post I began establishing a reputation for not being able to see what's right in front of me. (And I'd looked at AXIS alternatives back when my system was too slow to keep up with real-time display of progress, and competitors seemed not to have it either.)

If it's not part of AXIS, is it straightforward enough for a kindly programmer to make it be? :) (Be gentle: I date from an era when I had to purchase a special "daughterboard" to get a "real-time clock" for my computer, so it would know what day it was... :woohoo: )

Thanks.
--
CLUNKimeanCluNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2014 17:00 #42257 by ArcEye

I've searched this Forum area for "elapsed time" and "ETA" too--but with my very first post I began establishing a reputation for not being able to see what's right in front of me

Probably too specific, estimate time, time log, job time found these

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/italian/forum...te-of-machining-time

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...al-mill-time?start=6

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/italian/forum/21-axis/12553-axis-log

There is no off the shelf time display as part of Axis, or with pyVCP

It would be achieveable with gladevcp and I am going to look at adding it to my qtVCP widgets for a forthcoming virtual control panel system

The problem with the estimate is shown in the threads, the only way to know for sure is to run the program
Logging the time it took is simply a matter of scripting triggered by M1xx calls

regards

More
01 Jan 2014 19:59 #42261 by BigJohnT
The time component can show you the time it took to make a part. From the Axis menu you can see a sum of the feed and rapid moves times for the loaded program. Because of acceleration the sum of time for the moves will be less than the actual time by some unknown amount.

JT

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds