Remove Preview Screen and Change DRO

More
15 Apr 2015 23:47 #57822 by mhertel
I am looking to completely remove the Preview screen from the UI as it doesn't make much sense for my machine as well as customize the outputs in the DRO. If someone could point me in the right direction for how to get going on that, it would be much appreciated. I do not have a strong programming background so as simple terms as possible would be great. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2015 11:13 #57826 by cmorley
Axis is actually pretty difficult to customize in the way you would like.
Would Gmoccapy or Gscreen's samples work for you?
They are much easier to customize

Chris M

More
16 Apr 2015 20:15 #57838 by ArcEye
Hi

Without the Gremlin widget, preview and plot rendering, Axis is nothing special, there is no reason to use it.
It is so intrinsic to its operation that it would take a fair bit of effort to disentangle.

Have you tried keystick, tklinux (if that still exists) xemc ?
They just have DROs.

Or as Chris says, take a newer python based GUI and remove the plot, but then you are re-inventing what already exists, as above.

regards

More
17 Apr 2015 04:37 #57852 by mhertel
At this point in time, switching to a different UI isn't really an option for us. Even if we aren't able to remove the Preview screen, is there not a way to customize which outputs show in the DRO?

More
17 Apr 2015 07:57 #57854 by cmorley
There is of course. It's just difficult especially if you are not a programmer.

What info do you wish to display?
What about not showing the DRO but then adding a gladeVCP DRO?

A little more info of what you wish to do will help.

most of the AXIS program is found in /src/emc/usr_intf/axis/scripts ( for a run-in-place-not-installed system)

More
17 Apr 2015 18:13 #57860 by BigJohnT

At this point in time, switching to a different UI isn't really an option for us. Even if we aren't able to remove the Preview screen, is there not a way to customize which outputs show in the DRO?

To test different UI's you for the most part only have to change one word in the ini file:

DISPLAY = axis - The name of the user interface to use. Valid options may include: axis, touchy, gmoccapy, gscreen, keystick, mini, tklinuxcnc, xemc,

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini_config...#sub:DISPLAY-section

JT

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds