odd problem

More
06 Jan 2016 05:22 #67948 by KobeYang
odd problem was created by KobeYang
Dear Sir,
I use emc2.4.7 in ubuntu 10.04 LTS for a long time.By accident I found an odd problem.After I use the "F3"&"F5" to change the Manual and MDI interface frequently,the MDI command edit can't be input the code.the accel key ("F3"&"F5" )also become invalid.Can anybody help me?Thanks a lot.
PS:when I update the emc2.4.7 to Linuxcnc2.5.4,the problem remains unresolved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2016 09:39 #67953 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic odd problem
you need to move on to 2.7 , ubuntu 10.04 is now old and past support , so at some stage your going to have to upgrade to debian & 2.7 .
as your using 2.5.4 i presume your using an old pc , you would be best to resolve and update your hardware
amongst also have the advantages of the newer functions .

trying to support ubuntu has now stopped , in favour of debian wheezy , and the newer jessie shortly
updating will solve your problem .

More
06 Jan 2016 14:17 #67966 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic odd problem
That said, I still have a machine running on its original Ubuntu 10.04 installation which started on (emc2)2.3 and is currently running 2.7. So you may not have to update your OS or hardware inorder to update to 2.7. (At least not at the moment.) That machine of mine relies on an old ISA card for I/O, and I am not looking forward to the day that I must update its hardware.

More
07 Jan 2016 05:58 #68009 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic odd problem
Have you tried downloading and booting from the current live / install image and see if the problem persists in the current version?
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/getting-started/getting-linuxcnc.html

Rick G

More
07 Jan 2016 12:54 #68013 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic odd problem

I use emc2.4.7 in ubuntu 10.04 LTS for a long time.By accident I found an odd problem.After I use the "F3"&"F5" to change the Manual and MDI interface frequently,the MDI command edit can't be input the code.

How frequently?

I use the F3 key a lot, but I don't have an F5 key, so always have to click the GUI.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds