shared pin for homing rotary axis

More
26 Dec 2016 23:06 #84722 by lucky phil
Hi all,
I have completed my rotary axis (A) and want to use a proximity switch for homing and have no spare pins as my last spare pin is now used for tool height setting/touch off.

My X,Y & Z are set up using mechanical switches for auto homing and are sharing the same switch for homing and limit on the negative end of travel (two switches on each axis - neg limit/home & pos limit). I have just been rotating A to a line marked on the chuck by eye then pressing home for A, there is no need for a limit switch on this axis.

Is there a way that I can share one of my other pins with A so I can home it independently of the other axis', ie still home the other three by pressing home all button and only home A when needed, as I don't have the A axis on the machine all the time, and if so which would be the best pin to use for it.

I would prefer to not use the same pin that I use for touch off as I don't want any accidental trips on the machine if the chuck rotates past the switch while running code, thinking it could cause the machine to think I have tried to touch off again.

Regards
Philip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2016 22:27 #84770 by andypugh
The simple solution is likely to be to have a second INI file in the same folder that shares the HAL and .var files etc, but which has an extra HAL file for the A-axis, including the homing connections.

Then you just choose a config to suit the current machine setup.

I have three configs for my mill, for vertical, horizontal and hobbing modes. All in the same config directory and sharing most of the other files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds