AXIS memory leak == 2.8.0-pre1

More
17 Feb 2020 14:29 #157616 by edgardogho
I suffered the Axis memory leak as well. I had a custom setup using MachineKit+piCore (tinycore) where I custom built machineKit. Using Axis leaks memory ... about 1MB every 30 seconds, but if you run linuxcnctop it leaks about 5MB per second.
I modified linuxcnctop to troubleshoot and notice the issue happened on the GUI loop when it writes the TKinter.Text() object with more text.
If you run linuxcnctop as text (even if you modify it to run on a loop) it won't leak memory.
Both linuxcnctop and axis use Tkinter. I tried running Touchy (which does NOT use Tkinter) and no leak at all.
I cant run gmoccapy on my setup at the moment because of missing openglext dependencies, so I can't test this one which does not use Tkinter either.

To summarize, I updated to Python 2.7.17 (current at the time of writting this) and Tcl/tk 8.6.10 and the leak is gone.
When using Python 2.7.12, Tcl/Tk 8.6.6 the leak is there.

I guess Debian Jessie uses an older combination of Python+Tcl/Tk that has no leak.

This particular problem seems to be outside the scope of machinekit/linuxcnc according to my troubleshoot.

Hope this helps someone dealing with the same issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds