Axis Position Logger

More
21 Jun 2017 06:56 #94753 by bladekel
bladekel created the topic: Axis Position Logger

BigJohnT wrote: After playing around with the teach-in script I decided to expand on that thought and created a data logger with more options.

Yet to do is the menu items like Save etc. Anyway I thought I'd share this to see if I get any feedback.

To run make sure postion-logger.py is executable (right click properties) and Axis is running before you start the program.
JT

Thats wonderful BigJohnT.
I modified this script to run as embedded tab on emc.

I defined a hot-key from glade with Properties>Common>Accelerators.
I used your script alone(not as embedded tab) and I can use the hot-key but when I tried to use it as embedded tab, I couldnt use the hot-key.

Is there a solution about this ?
More
21 Jun 2017 10:38 #94762 by BigJohnT
BigJohnT replied the topic: Axis Position Logger
You might post the code you wrote and someone may know the answer. Without the code we can only guess...

JT
More
21 Jun 2017 11:30 #94765 by bladekel
bladekel replied the topic: Axis Position Logger

BigJohnT wrote: You might post the code you wrote and someone may know the answer. Without the code we can only guess...

JT

Actually there is no more code than yours.
I only deined an accelerator key to a log button from Properties>Common>Accelerators.

I can use it if I use your script externally but cant with an embedded tab.
More
21 Jun 2017 11:52 #94766 by BigJohnT
BigJohnT replied the topic: Axis Position Logger
My guess is if the window is not on top the Linux accelerator key won't work, but this has nothing to do with LinuxCNC AFAIK. I use Linux Mint and don't see any place to define an accelerator key and I'm not sure what one is.

JT
More
21 Jun 2017 12:45 #94768 by bladekel
bladekel replied the topic: Axis Position Logger

BigJohnT wrote: My guess is if the window is not on top the Linux accelerator key won't work, but this has nothing to do with LinuxCNC AFAIK. I use Linux Mint and don't see any place to define an accelerator key and I'm not sure what one is.

JT

What I trying to do is, using your script without mouse. ( only with keyboard ).

So I defined <Alt>KP_1 as accelerator to log button.
When I pressed that keyboard button combination, I can log the coordinates if I run your script externally.

But when I modified it to run as embedded tab in emc, the keyboard combination didnt work.

All of the keyboard shortcuts of emc are working well, but when I open your script's tab and tried that shortcut-key,it didnt work....

I also moved the mouse cursor on the tab, but again didnt work....
More
22 Jun 2017 20:11 #94802 by andypugh
andypugh replied the topic: Axis Position Logger
I expect that the key events are only seen my the parent gui, You would need to persuade the parent GUI to pass them to the tab. This might be a challenge.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds