Get Gcode properties in txt file

More
31 Aug 2017 23:55 #98316 by Nico2017
Hi,

is there a way to extract the information of the File Gcode properties and save it to a txt file? Would like to save those basic information to see how far I am from the run time (even if does not take the acceleration into account).

Thank you

Nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2021 02:37 #206759 by Nico2017
Hi,
still looking on this topic I would like to get the overall distance travelled from a Gcode file. Is there any function already pre made somewhere which can have a look at this?
Thank you,
Nicolas

More
22 Apr 2021 07:39 #206772 by cmorley
Yes but it is buried in AXIS python code.
When the file is loaded the properties are calculated.

You could probably use .axisrc file to make a function to read and save it.

I'm not at a computer to point u closer to the code.

More
06 Sep 2021 07:48 #219740 by OttoDidact
I've been thinking for a while about how usefull this information would be for maintenance purposes. If you had mileage data for each axis, you'd know when to grease the bearings. It could also provide some idea about how much life I'm getting out of my bits.

The other utility would be knowing how long a file will take to cut approximately. Fortunately at some point I discovered SheetCam has that functionality. It would be a great feature for LinuxCNC.

More
08 Sep 2021 12:32 #219935 by BigJohnT
If you define a user command file in the ini and add commands.gcode_properties() it pops up the properties window but gcode_properties() does not return any information.

/src/usr_intf/axis/scripts/axis.py line 1978 is where gcode properties is, you could create a similar function to print that information to a file.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nico2017

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds