Axis Controls HAL names

More
17 Nov 2017 09:04 #101919 by phiatt
Hello Everyone,

My name is Philip Hiatt. I am fairly new to LinuxCNC. I have been using it off and on for about a year now, still learning. I have successfully converted an old Bridgeport R2E3 using LinuxCNC, Mesa 5I25 & 7i77, and much of the original equipment. Now I am working on a second and I am trying to integrate as much of the computer side of things as possible.

Currently my is plight concerns the Spindle speed control on the Axis GUI. The R2E3 uses a pneumatic controlled variable speed pulley setup; the original machine I converted uses the original switch to control the solenoids.

What I am in search of the the net/HAL names of the graphical buttons on the Axis front end so I can connect them to outputs on the 7i77. I have attached a screenshot with the buttons circled. Or if anyone can point toward the info I need I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks everyone.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2017 13:34 - 17 Nov 2017 13:36 #101929 by Todd Zuercher
Those buttons don't have any direct coloration to hal pins. The Axis UI (and most other UIs) bypass hal for most all commands.
However all may not be lost, those buttons will indirectly cause the change of certain hal pins.
What exactly did you have in mind?
Did you want to re-purpose those buttons? (That won't work.)
In that case, it would be simpler to create new buttons with a VCP.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2017 13:36 by Todd Zuercher.

More
17 Nov 2017 13:49 #101931 by phiatt
Replied by phiatt on topic Axis Controls HAL names
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply. No not repurpose, but use them to control outputs on the 7i77. I was not able to find them during setup. But, I would able to add them to my Hal file if I knew how they are referred to

More
17 Nov 2017 14:00 #101933 by Todd Zuercher
Ok, that's simple enough. The pins you should use are listed under motion.spidle...
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/motion.9.html
You are probably looking for pins like
motion.spindle-speed-out
motion.spindle-speed-out-rps
motion.spindle-on
motion.spindle-forward
motion.spindle-reverse

More
17 Nov 2017 14:35 #101935 by phiatt
Replied by phiatt on topic Axis Controls HAL names
Cool, Thanks Todd, should be going soon.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds