AXIS Preview refresh rate not high enough

More
13 Jan 2018 16:33 #104390 by 3D-Master
Hello,

i want the Preview and GUI to refresh at the highest rate possible (in my case 59.8Hz = approx. 0.0167 seconds)

i have searched but only found CYCLE TIME= under DISPLAY section. i have set that to 0.0167 but it only refreshes at that rate when i move the view in the Preview field, when i dont do anything it refreshes at about 3-4 times slower. How can i change it to refresh constantly at the same rate or better at the refresh rate of the monitor?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2018 03:27 #104414 by cmorley
I believe the refresh rate in AXIS is set to 50 ms in it's python code.
That can be slowed by higher priority code of course -typically a fast realtime thread .

Why do you need it updated more often?

Chris M

More
14 Jan 2018 03:54 #104418 by InMyDarkestHour
I'd be more concerned with running gcode accurately. Forget about "eyecandy" lol

My BBB is supposed to be slow GUI wise but I reckon it's fine. And it cuts well.....and that's the main thing

More
14 Jan 2018 13:34 #104426 by 3D-Master
its just a thing that "triggers" me a little bit and because i will use Mesa Hardware i dont think it is going to be an issue, or is it?

yeah on the BBB it is a limitation because there is no good graphics driver for it, had the experience myself. Mine refreshed the last time when running Gcode at about 1-2 fps, even with "Axis, stop" (dont show toolpath) and only showing DRO

More
14 Jan 2018 15:22 - 14 Jan 2018 17:24 #104435 by PCW
The screen update rate does not affect any of LinuxCNC's critical timing paths.
On a slow machine the display may be almost frozen and the interpreter/real time will still
finish the gcode properly, the real disadvantage of a slow display is its not great as a user interface
since its not rapidly responsive to inputs.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2018 17:24 by PCW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tivoi, 3D-Master

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds