Spindle activated when jogging

More
09 Feb 2018 22:13 - 12 Feb 2018 02:51 #105668 by mbt
Hi, there! Newbie here. My CNC works fine. But there is a little issue: when I jog by arrow keys the spindle is activating. How can I fix it? I want to jog with spindle off. I'm using a Mach 3 breakout board, Axis software and the spindle is controlled by the E300-2S0022L VFD attached to the on/off spindle switch (pin17). Thanks in advance.

(editing) Two days after the above post, I found out the spindle activating occur only with X-- jog. Any ideas?
Last edit: 12 Feb 2018 02:51 by mbt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2018 20:43 #106563 by andypugh
No, this sounds extremely odd.

Did you write your own HAL file? Does the spindle run at full speed?

What controls the spindle speed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mbt

More
27 Feb 2018 02:14 #106597 by DanMN
Before I gave up on generic parallel BOBs and got a Mesa, I went through configuration chaos. One of the boards I remember was configured like this one: www.ijohnsen.com/blog/linuxcnc-mach3-breakout-board/

In that case, Pin 17 is jumper-controlled to be either a motor direction signal or a relay output. I'd make sure you have all of that nailed down first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mbt

More
05 Apr 2018 19:47 #108462 by mbt
Replied by mbt on topic Spindle activated when jogging
Thanks for your reply, Andy. The problem were at the mobo. The lpt pin 17 was short-circuited. Mobo changed, problem gone.

More
05 Apr 2018 19:48 #108463 by mbt
Replied by mbt on topic Spindle activated when jogging
Thanks for your reply, DanMN. The problem were at the mobo. The lpt port 17 was short-circuited. Mobo changed, problem gone.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds