Display Clues for Cutting Block

More
25 Mar 2018 14:56 - 25 Mar 2018 14:58 #107815 by kpj10
I'm trying to run CNC plasma using linuxcnc and axis interface. While cutting a drawing we have multiple parts to be cut, and often times we don't need some parts not to be cut. Every section that will be cut starts with M03 and ends with M05. Can I not just display a section number for each section inside M03 and M05 on the drawing display area of the axis GUI. Actually, this is something I have seen in Chinese plasma CNC controllers, they call it pierce number, and when entered by the operator plasma directly cut that section. Those controllers also offer flexibility to cut from the current position or machines reference position, though this stuff can be done in linuxcnc with help of G-codes. Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Kunal

P.S.: In the image attached you can see cut number given at the start of each section, starting from number 1 and ending at number 4
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2018 14:58 by kpj10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2018 23:35 #107860 by andypugh
You can do something similar with subroutines. This would cut O1, O2 and O5 bus skip O4 and O3

O1 CALL
O2 CALL
;O3 CALL
O5 CALL

O1 SUB
O1 ENDSUB

O2 SUB
O2 ENDSUB

O3 SUB
O3 ENDSUB

O4 SUB
O4 ENDSUB

O5 SUB
O5 ENDSUB

M2

You can use descriptive names too, using <> as string delimiters
O<part_1> SUB
The following user(s) said Thank You: kpj10

More
26 Mar 2018 20:17 #107915 by kpj10
Thank you Andy for your response, but this will be in the G-code editor section I need to view the section number where the G-code is rendered.

Kunal

More
27 Mar 2018 16:29 #107963 by andypugh
I don't think you can do that with the current code. The G-code preview only displays G-code, not arbitrary graphics.

More
27 Mar 2018 16:33 #107964 by kpj10
Not a issue. I figured another way out.

Thank you,
Andy.

If you don't mind asking me here in this same forum, out of context to the heading question, can you help me with external offsets.

More
27 Mar 2018 20:54 #107999 by rodw

Not a issue. I figured another way out.

Thank you,
Andy.

If you don't mind asking me here in this same forum, out of context to the heading question, can you help me with external offsets.

External offsets are contained in an experimental branch so need to be compiled from source code
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/dgarr/external_offsets
It contains a large number of sims and examples for various applications demonstrating different applications.

More
28 Mar 2018 19:25 #108049 by kpj10
Thank you, sir, I have figured out what I wanted to do.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds