Screen like Mach

More
12 Sep 2018 14:45 - 12 Sep 2018 14:45 #117404 by pavelshakal
Replied by pavelshakal on topic Adding custom buttons
"in the documentation"
where is it
Last edit: 12 Sep 2018 14:45 by pavelshakal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2018 16:02 #117409 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Adding custom buttons
That video is of a QT based screen builder that is still in the experimental/developmental stage. It isn't available in a standard installation of Linuxcnc. I don't know what it would take to install it, but it is probably beyond the ability of someone new to Linux.

The pannel screen shot I showed is one I built using PYVCP . It isn't the most visually appealing or flexible way to build a VCP but it isn't all that hard. But they are constructed by building an XML file by hand in a text editor.

I have since replaced that PYVCP side panel with similar one built using GladeVCP . GladeVCPs are much more flexible in what you can do (especially if you have some Python programming skills). Glade is a visual user interface building application. The only real down side to it is that it is kind of locked into using a depreciated tool set with Linuxcnc. But none of that is a problem if you use the standard Linuxcnc Debian Wheezy installation DVD image as everything needed is all included and preinstalled. (You may notice a lot of discussions about people having trouble installing Glade and using it with Linuxcnc, most of those problems are self inflicted by the people trying to use a newer/different version of Linux.)

One thing that is a little misleading in many of the GladeVCP documentation, is that a Python handler file is not necessarily required. Especially for a simple screen like you are asking for. All you need to do is build your screen using the Linuxcnc hal widgets and then make the nessisary hal pin connections in your post-gui hal file. For example to set up the Cycle time I used some ordinary Lable widgets, and 3 "hal lable"widgets for numbers, simular to the PYVCP example in the documentation here , save your Glade file in your config dir, then add the required line to your ini file to open your screen.

More
13 Sep 2018 06:48 #117448 by pavelshakal
Thank you for taking my time. Glade I found. The installer is the most recent developer in the folder. Where to find the ini file. I look at the folders and do not see)))

More
13 Sep 2018 07:04 #117449 by pavelshakal
g-cod in what format do you create?

More
13 Sep 2018 13:54 #117457 by Todd Zuercher
The ini file is part of your machine configuration. You can have multiple machine configs installed on one computer. When you create a machine configuration or open a demo config that comes with Linuxcnc, that configuration is saved in a folder in your user's home (~/linuxcnc/configs/*config's name*/)

The machines I'm running with Linuxcnc are cnc routers, used primarily for wood carving and engraving. The g-code we run on them is pretty generic g-code output by the cam program we use (Enroute), then I modify the pre- and post- ambles of the files to suit each individual machine. This is the way it's been done here where I work since before my time here. Since then I have taken some steps to make the code less machine specific, and I've arranged it now so that most of the machines I've converted to Linuxcnc can all run off of the same g-code, but that is only about half of our carving machines and none of the larger cnc routers we mill with.

More
13 Sep 2018 14:05 - 13 Sep 2018 14:08 #117458 by pavelshakal
understan. I work mainly in 3d
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 14:08 by pavelshakal.

More
13 Sep 2018 14:10 #117459 by pavelshakal
I think I need an interpretation? can 3d improve or accelerate?

More
13 Sep 2018 14:39 #117461 by Todd Zuercher
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "3d improve or accelerate" But Linuxcnc should not have any problem carving that relief in the photo. You might need to experiment with G64 Pn settings (corner blending tolerance) to find the best balance of speed and precision for your machine and your application. Also remember the maximum acceleration rates of your machine will have a huge influence on the speed something like that carving can be milled.

More
13 Sep 2018 14:54 #117463 by pavelshakal
I do not know how to translate that would explain. if the g-code knows then the characters "J" and "K"
Can I help improve the quality?

More
13 Sep 2018 14:56 #117464 by pavelshakal
head around, I like this program

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds