Axis - how to tell which line of g-code is executing? It is not highlighted.

More
04 Oct 2019 19:10 #147134 by pharmerphil
The LinuxCNC 2.1.14 Axis documentation says:
“When the program is running, the line currently being executed is highlighted in red.”
I am running 2.7.14 recently downloaded from the Linuxcnc.org site and it does not highlight the line currently being executed in red.
How can I find out which line is being executed?
Also, the documentation says:
“4.1.3.4 Text Display Area
By left-clicking a line of the program, the line will be highlighted in both the graphical and text displays.”

It does not do this either. Can someone tell me how to enable this?
I have searched the Linuxcnc forums and read the v2.7.14 docs to no avail.
This is a new install and I am a new user so probably user error, but I cannot debug the g-code if I cannot see which line is failing.
The only 'customising' I have done is to set home search and home latch velocities in the .ini file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2019 09:35 #147174 by pl7i92
HI
you can
RIGHT klick on the G-code and say Run from HERE
GOOD advice to start at a Z up line

More
06 Oct 2019 21:51 #147293 by tommylight
That is a Monitor problem, as Axis does highlight the actual line in light grey ( do not know if it can be changed ) and it does change colour when you click on a line to select it.
Try lowering the brightness on the monitor, you might just see it is highlighted .

More
09 Oct 2019 03:50 #147529 by andypugh
Note that highlighting probably only works for motion commands.

More
09 Oct 2019 06:56 - 10 Oct 2019 05:03 #147535 by pharmerphil
Thanks andypugh. Your comment helped, and I've now learnt a little more about g code with enabled me to debug it.
I am running the first set of g code that I've generated from Fusion 360. As you said, Axis does not highlight the 'set up' commands at the beginning of the g code. This is what was confusing me. However it also doesn't seem to highlight the first line of motion code that it executes if that line fails. The first line was a G53 (edit to correct code) command that was driving the Z axis into the limit switch. I edited the command (to Z-0.2) and it is working now. I now need to figure out what I did wrong in Fusion 360 to make it trip the limit switch. Thanks all for your help. (so much to learn - sigh!)
Last edit: 10 Oct 2019 05:03 by pharmerphil. Reason: Corrected from G93 to G53

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds