Changing Display Resolution Causes Failure

More
10 Oct 2019 20:11 #147648 by fc60
Greetings,

I changed my display resolution and starting LinuxCNC no go. Just a window full of error messages.

Changed it back and all is okay for now.

I need to learn more about the graphics used by LinuxCNC. Are there video modes not supported?

For a start, how do I check what Graphics driver is being used? i.e. a shell command.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 with LinuxCNC 2.5.5

Cheers,

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2019 20:53 #147650 by tommylight
Why such an old version ?
That version uses Ubuntu 10.04 that had some issues when using open source drivers for Nvidia cards. You can still use it but you will most probably have to enable software OpenGL, just do a search for it.

More
11 Oct 2019 17:36 #147715 by fc60
Greetings,

I tried newer versions but they do not like the motherboard. Rather than "Monkey" with it I went back to the old. Actually, the machine was shipped with EMC2 (EZ-Trol). The machine was upgraded to 2.5.4 then 2.5.5.

Oh yes, the video is embedded into the motherboard. It is a Jetway J7F2 with a VIA processor. VIA UniChrome™ Pro Integrated Graphics Core is what "I think" is the graphics chip.

The machine runs well and I have completed many parts with XYZA profiling and complex surfacing.

I do have an annoying part of the Axis screen that is essentially a black stripe and blocks my preview. I can use the mouse to move the preview such that it is fully visible.

Cheers,

Dave

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds