simulation

More
05 Feb 2020 00:47 #156552 by RobotMatic
Replied by RobotMatic on topic simulation
Thank you very much for the information

I'll try

i like the challenge

Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2022 20:54 #245448 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic simulation
Recently Ive been running some fanuc robocut wire EDM and the boss training me uses dryrun when ever he needs to restart a program and basically uses it as a replacement for run from line. I never thought about using it on the fanuc cnc because I just start from a M06 safety block, but this seems like a decent alternative to a safety block/m06, or using the run-from-line options. I like where this Dryrun is going, and will be installing the dryrun branch later this evening, but I had a few questions.

Will vismach display the actual machine (or lack of) movement?

As it currently stands, you cannot use this in the way I am intending? A program must be stopped before it is turned on/off? So you cannot dryrun a program up to a certain line, and then turn off dryrun to resume program from that point?

Does linuxcnc have some kind of pin similar to feed hold point return? Where it would bring you back to the last feed hold point? Im thinking it would be something like how the jog-while-paused works.

My intended use case would be,
-cycle stop program middle of the file for what ever reason, jog to do something (on edm it would be jog z to remove slug or something),
-restart program with dry run,
-step program in dryrun to last point,
-when dryrun is at the point you want, while program is paused/feedhold
- press hold point return, machine does xy coordinated motion, then z (like jwp?) to the last feed hold point
-turn off dryrun, resume program. everything is good, nothing crashes,

kinda like run from line, but I assume all the G/M/S/F codes and offsets would be active become active while running it through dryrun, basically like hold point return + dryrun are a crash resistant version of run from line

I know I am usually a babbling blowhard, but does this make sense?

More
08 Jul 2022 14:46 #246865 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic simulation
My experience with Fanuc's dry run button has shown me it can be a very dangerous button depending on the machine's configuration. I have found that if any of the axis that are disabled in the dry run are not in the exact same commanded position at the start of dry run execution as they will be when you turn off the dry run, those axis will be permanently offset by the difference in position with no indication of this offset or way to cancel it except to power cycle and restart the cnc.

More
08 Jul 2022 14:53 #246866 by zz912
Replied by zz912 on topic simulation
What do you think? The button is dangerous,
or the button has a bug and the bug is dangerous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

More
08 Jul 2022 15:37 #246871 by Todd Zuercher
I'm not sure Fanuc would call it a bug, but it is a "feature" that has been with Fanuc's controls far longer than I've been involved with CNC. (Maybe longer than I've been alive.) I've seen it mentioned explicitly in some machine manuals never to use the dry run or z inhibit buttons, Funny, if the machine builder was of that opinion, then why did they even install those buttons?

More
08 Jul 2022 15:48 #246873 by Todd Zuercher
Also the Fanucs I've worked with will have the same offset problem if you make the mistake of jogging an axis while a program cycle is paused and don't jog it back to where you began..
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
06 Nov 2023 14:01 #284702 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic simulation
but dryrun is insert in master or not? because in mine 2.9.1 not find cmd ... not check 2.10.0 ... regards

More
06 Nov 2023 15:34 #284711 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic simulation
The dryrun feature has not been merged due to a lack of user feedback at the time. It's certainly something I would have liked to be included, particularly with non-trivial kinematics but I was not aware of it at the time.

More
06 Nov 2023 15:55 #284713 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic simulation
My Fanuc 21TB lathe has both 'dryrun' and simulation features.  They are not the same thing on this particular control (Emco)
  • Dryrun
    • Is a 'mode'. i.e. select dryrun button and then cycle start/stop/FH as usual.
    • Moves the machine axes along the program path
    • At a 'dryrun' feedrate - which is not the FR in the program - set as a parameter somewhere backstage
    • Is intended to be used without material in spindle
    • Spindle does not rotate during dryrun
      • Collet/chuck missing material alarm is suppressed during dryrun
    • Single-block mode & block-skip are both available when in dryrun mode.
  • Simulation
    • Is a 2D graphical simulation of the toolpath(s)
      • toolpaths are drawn on the screen at programmed FR using the tool control point
    • Similar to LCNC's feature of keying through the gcode file and watching the backplot progress... except it's animated at program feedrate.
    • No machine movement
    • Normal machine controls are not used to start/stop/pause the display; there are cycle start/stop softkeys displayed while the "GRAPH" screen is active.
So having said that, is the 'dryrun' branch/feature (not-yet-added to LCNC) a simulation or a 'dryrun' with machine movement?  I've been unable to find anything on GH.

More
06 Nov 2023 15:57 #284714 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic simulation
To clarify - I can't find anything on GitHub as the links earlier in the thread are dead, and a search for 'dryrun' in GH doesn't come up with anything.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds