Axis 2 - touchscreen version of old friend

More
26 Sep 2022 04:41 #252748 by JPL

set display = axis2 in your ini
as root ---
add icon content to /usr /share /axis /images
add axis2.tcl to /user /share /axis /tcl (don't forget to make it executable)
add axis2(py) to /usr /bin (exec privs)
and glcanon to /usr /lib /python3 /dist-packages /rs274 (also give exec privs)

hummm, where does glnav.py goes ? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2022 05:28 #252749 by zack
Glnav can remain I only zoomed a bit in on preview because a user that engraves tiny files requested

But it goes in /usr /lib /python3 /dist-packages with allow exec and don’t forget to be super user to copy any files
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPL

More
22 Oct 2022 20:18 #254799 by Masiwood123
this works and I like it :) only for some reason the sliders cover the spindle dro, maybe I should try a different monitor resolution?

The following user(s) said Thank You: zack

More
23 Oct 2022 02:24 #254821 by tommylight
If there is a possibility of changing the font size, try that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zack, Masiwood123

More
23 Oct 2022 06:30 - 23 Oct 2022 06:33 #254828 by zack
I can scale the sliders with a setting if u want.
can also place the a axis button next to xyz - some space saving
Last edit: 23 Oct 2022 06:33 by zack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
23 Oct 2022 06:55 - 23 Oct 2022 07:12 #254829 by zack
The concept of axis2 was initially a quick fix for an environment where there were new users and different machines in use.

The buttons were enlarged because most machines had a elo-touchscreen from previous controllers already available.
And to make it look a bit more modern. The use of color for feedback ie job running = red menu bar and paused orange - etc.

The new ops were taught to leave a machine in a state of red or orange if there was a current job on the machine, to avoid another user from disturbing it, hence the color change.

The lathes in shop were set to a greenish feel while mills were set to a blue type to distinguish the difference of appearance of machine types.

the spindle override was also set to a min of 30 percent to avoid stalls on the mills for safety. A timer at the bottom was also started on a job run to help ops calculate a quick idea of machine time used per cycle.

Axis was chosen because most students grasped the concept of a controller in only a day or so, some older bridgeport type ops preferring the dro and newer users liking the backplot.

I was hoping to do a touchscreen in glade or QT but the time constraints did not allow, and i found it kept breaking on different linux installs with different python libs. Hence trusty old tk tcl.

I will be committed to maintain this version (Axis2). as i still periodically add/fix requests for our environment.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2022 07:12 by zack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123, Stepping3D

More
23 Oct 2022 09:26 #254834 by Masiwood123
thanks in advance, that would be great, also if there is a possibility to make the spindle start, stop a bigger button? I have always been bothered by the axis gui, because the buttons for some frequent operations are very small. Another question is that I would like to have some basic buttons for some MDI shortcut, some things I will often change, like spindle to A axis(m64 P0) and similar but i think that is a gladeVcp question.

More
23 Oct 2022 10:50 - 01 Nov 2022 17:27 #254843 by zack
Ok - there is a custom mdi button in the config menu you can assign only one line of gcode, it will save with close, and you can toggle the button which will appear below jogging dials.Will need a screenshot from u with the version tested below - attached new axis2.tcl
Last edit: 01 Nov 2022 17:27 by zack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
23 Oct 2022 11:00 #254844 by Masiwood123
Ok yes i saw that, I will try how it works.. I used your version ``new development of AXis2'' from 25.09

More
23 Oct 2022 11:02 #254845 by zack
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123, Funny

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds