How to run Axis GUI or other GUI programs on windows?

More
25 Nov 2021 07:13 #227560 by SummerLotus
As I said, I want to run the LinuxCNC GUI program on windows, and then remotely connect to the host with LinuxCNC in my LAN via ethernet.
I checked some information and mentioned that configuring NML can realize this solution. But I did not find a specific way.
Does anyone know how to do it or have relevant information?
Not only Axis, if other ghost programs such as Gmoccapy, qtVCP, etc. can realize this solution is what I need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2021 13:56 - 30 Nov 2021 13:58 #228005 by andypugh
You might be able to do what you want with X-forwarding. I do this reasonably often. In this scenario the GUI code runs on the Linux PC< but the graphics are displayed on the local PC. (In my case the local PC is typically a Mac)

On Windows you would typically need to use something like eXceed.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2021 13:58 by andypugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SummerLotus

More
30 Nov 2021 14:11 #228016 by SummerLotus
Hello, I am sure if there is a difference between X-forwarding and vnc you mentioned?
In my idea, I should run LinuxCNC on a host with no display, 1 without any display device or even driver, and then run the gui on my windows/mac to drive LinuxCNC through some kind of interface.
For example, I compiled machinekit-hal and emc separately (I don't know if such an example is appropriate), run the hal on a device, run the emc program (if possible) on windows, and then implement interaction through tcp/ip.

More
30 Nov 2021 14:25 #228023 by andypugh
I think what you want to do is much better supported in Machinekit than LinuxCNC. You might need to use an all-machinekit setup. I think that they developed "machinetalk" to replace NML for just your application.

More
30 Nov 2021 14:52 #228025 by SummerLotus

I think what you want to do is much better supported in Machinekit than LinuxCNC. You might need to use an all-machinekit setup. I think that they developed "machinetalk" to replace NML for just your application.

Okay, I will take your suggestion to try machinekit.
At the same time, if you have good ideas on LinuxCNC, you can also put forward ideas and we will explore them together.
Thank you very much

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds