Axis refuses to load correct vel/accel values

More
08 Aug 2022 13:43 #249339 by Alveolis
hi

I have a strange behavior from axis, as it seems to ignore the values entered in  my ini file, and replace it with bogus ones.
It takes sometimes a dozen tries to get the machine moving at the right speed / acceleration, and more than often , the X limit returns an error while Axis shows the position still moving.. . It eventually runs perfectly after a while, until next reboot...Sometimes however , all the 3 axis are affected.
Checked the connections and all the cables, nothing looks wrong.
But LinuxCnc status displays a ridiculously high acceleration value (99 digits) that I can't find in any of file.
The values for Acceleration/Velocity  are working fine when tested in PncConf, but the second time I start Axis , it's all messed-up again...

What could be the issue ?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2022 14:25 - 08 Aug 2022 14:26 #249341 by PCW
The error (as LinuxCNC reports in the first image) is that you have a velocity that
is impossible to reach with the specified step timings.

In your .ini file, you have a step time of 3000 and a step space of 3000 ns which
allows a maximum step rate of 166.666 KHz but you have STEPGEN_MAXVEL set to
208.31 and a STEP_SCALE of 1000 which means a maximum step rate of
208.31 KHz must be possible.

To fix this you must either shorten the step timings or lower the joint and stepgen velocities

(the 1+99 accel in the status display is not the joint limit and probably represents
a status readout bug which is harmless)
Last edit: 08 Aug 2022 14:26 by PCW.

More
11 Aug 2022 14:15 #249520 by Alveolis
Thank you again !

Obviously adding 25% to the maximum value was NOT the best idea.. :-)

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds