command (EMC_SPINDLE_OFF) cannot be executed until the machine is out of E-Stop

More
08 Aug 2022 22:34 #249373 by shanham67
My configuration is the 'unmolested' output of pncconf.  Can anyone point me to the cause of the error message shown in the bottom right of the attachment?  My mill is functional so the error message is just an annoyance. 

thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2022 14:33 - 09 Aug 2022 14:36 #249397 by Todd Zuercher
Not sure, need more information.

What do your configuration files look like?

When exactly does the message pop up?

What causes it to pop up is that the input to command the spindle changed state while the machine was in E-stop.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2022 14:36 by Todd Zuercher.

More
09 Aug 2022 14:50 #249400 by shanham67
It pops up when Axis is started. I have been ignoring all the while I have been setting up this machine.

Even with the error I am able to start the spindle in both directions and control the speed through the GUI.

BUT...

We just realized that the M3 command doesn't work until we toggle the EStop off and back on then click the RESET button to turn the machine on.

estop-ext is connected to 7i76e input 0 (net estop-ext <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-00). .hal file attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: 20220611a_...8-09.hal
File Size:11 KB
Attachments:

More
09 Aug 2022 15:42 #249403 by Todd Zuercher
So are you saying that you can turn on your spindle without taking the machine out of e-stop and turning on the machine? Or just that you can start it with the warning message showing? At this point I'm not sure why the message would be popping up at startup. But I am not using 2.8 on any machines either (I havn't updated beyond 2.7 yet.)

My best guess is that it might something to do with your lines relating to:
net spindle-manual-stop     <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-07
and
net spindle-manual-cw     halui.spindle.0.forward
net spindle-manual-ccw    halui.spindle.0.reverse
net spindle-manual-stop   halui.spindle.0.stop

More
09 Aug 2022 16:17 #249407 by shanham67
Thanks!

I took out the spindle-manual-stop assignment and the warning is gone.

Axis doesn't come up 'in' e-stop (unless a physical e-stop button is pressed). Immediately after starting Axis, I am able to start the spindle by:
1. turning on the machine
2. clicking either the spindle cw or ccw gui buttons.

Can you tell me how to make Axis start with the gui e-stop button pressed?

More
09 Aug 2022 16:45 #249411 by Todd Zuercher
The signal out from Linuxcnc's gui estop is this.
"net estop-out <= iocontrol.0.user-enable-out"

You simply need to include it into your external e-stop loop. I usually do this by connecting the above hal signal to an ouput pin. Then using that as the signal source for the e-stop loop run a wire from that output pin to the e-stop switches then back to the input pin connected to "net estop-ext => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in" and trigger any relays needed for the e-stop.

More
09 Aug 2022 19:56 #249427 by shanham67
Thank you.

I had a 'Force ON' assigned to output-00. This energized my estop circuit as soon as the 7i76e connected. Assigning ESTOP-Out to 7i76e-output-00 causes Axis to start with the gui estop button pressed.

More
09 Aug 2022 20:17 - 09 Aug 2022 20:18 #249429 by Todd Zuercher
Is everything good now?

Did you need that "net spindle-manual-stop <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-07" for something? If you wanted it, how did you have it wired up? That input was intended for a normally open momentary switch (button). If you had it connected to a switch or something that is normally closed, it would likely trigger on first start up.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2022 20:18 by Todd Zuercher.

More
09 Aug 2022 20:35 #249431 by shanham67
All good now. Thanks

It was wired to the 'zero-speed' relay output on my spindle drive. It was several months ago when I assigned that pin on one of my first passes through pncconf. Not sure what I was thinking.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds