Assistance requested adding an "index/jog" button to AXIS

More
27 Feb 2024 05:32 - 27 Feb 2024 05:33 #294576 by MDM3D
I have the same lathe and turret as shown in the video link below and have the hardware configured the same way.

I have set up the hal file and clp file the same way as in the video.
I would like to add jog button into AXIS to simplify homing the tool turret on start up.

What would be the best way to go about doing this?

From what I have read the are 3-4 ways to do this.
Edit axis.py and axis.tcl, A usercommand file, remapping M6 or another gcode, or a special window using pyvcp.

I would like to get pointed in the right direction before I start reinventing the wheel here. If I edit axis directly I assume I'll need to edit files in at least 3 different locations.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Last edit: 27 Feb 2024 05:33 by MDM3D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2024 11:16 #294902 by andypugh
Probably a bit late now, but it might have been eaiser to use the "carousel" HAL component or the dedicated Emco turret HAL component.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Contri...oolchanger_component

There is another thread here where someone is working with the carousel .comp and an Emco (though it seems to have gone a bit quiet)

forum.linuxcnc.org/26-turning/51828-step...d-home-switch#294367

More
03 Mar 2024 19:34 #295077 by MDM3D
I have looked into both the carousel component and the other boxford/emco turrets, all 3 options involve using a encoder or limit switch which I am trying to avoid at the moment. if push comes to shove i will cobble together a home switch of some sort but would like to avoid that for now.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds