Strange problem with axis GUI

More
09 Oct 2024 23:11 #311682 by minimal3d
Hello,

i'm using axis gui since day one with LinuxCNC 2.9.3 and on bookworm with latest packages.
Th control pc is a cheap dell wyze 3040. My machine has 7i96S + 3 JMC CL-Steppers for XYZ and works okay.
But from time to time i got Motor Position errors randomly on each of the axis.
I first thought this could be my ini-file as i'm just a noob and must have configured some nonsense...
Setting the minimum Following error higher helps a little, but not much. (i tried 0.005 and set it to 0.015)

Today i had it happening on a large program ~60k lines of gcode. It seems axis jumped from line 15k to 18k somehow during execution.
And halted the machine. So i planned first to go back to stable 2.8.4, but it seems to need debian buster, but i don't want to reinstall.
So i tried for gmoccapy instead of axis and strangely no problems at all... A over 100k lines file run straight without errors....

Maybe it's a bug for larger gcodes or just some coincidence. (in 2.9.2 e.g. i had the axis bug that i couldn't start the program mid-file by rightclick and "run from here"; so maybe it's some minor bug?)

Any idea?

Best regards,
minimal3d

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2024 00:53 #311687 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Strange problem with axis GUI
I would not expect following errors to be GUI related but rather setup or latency related
can you post your hal/ini files?

More
10 Oct 2024 10:23 #311718 by minimal3d
Hello,

here are .hal and .ini files. (Most of the files was set up with the wizard.)

Best regards,
minimal3d
Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2024 14:35 #311733 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Strange problem with axis GUI
OK those look normal.

When you have an issue, can you run this command:

halcmd show param *.tmax

and post the result?

More
24 Oct 2024 09:36 #313045 by minimal3d
Hello,

i just had time to work on this:

i switched the old Thinclient with a fast new Ryzen 5600G PC and had worse problems than before even with gmoccapy.

I searched around the forum and found this:

Latency, error finishing read, and IRQ affinity - LinuxCNC

On the thinclient i had set up isolcpus already, but not irqbalance. Just don't know.
This + isolcpus=5,11 is now running on the new PC like in this link and the machine runs without errors on the first travels along the axes.

I havent't milled yet, but i guess it's working now. :)

Best regards,
minimal3d

More
26 Oct 2024 21:24 #313266 by minimal3d
The machine works now. Seems this irqbalance setting is crucial with the 7i96S.
(Took me all in all several days of reading the forum and testing stuff to figure this out.. Sorry for my little confusing postings; gmoccapy/axis works ofc fine too!)

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds